Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Days of Blood & Starlight

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, # 2)

By: Laini Taylor

Expected Publication: November 6th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

528 pages

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was declared a "must read" by Entertainment Weekly, was named a Best Book of the Year by Amazon.com, and The New York Times called it "a breath-catching romantic fantasy."

What books are you waiting on?

14 comments:

  1. I really need to start Daughter of Smoke and Bone soon. It's been on my TBR pile for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read for sure! One of the better ones I've read this year, and I've read some good ones this year. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Can't wait to rind out what will happen enxt to Karou. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was excellent, and I've been dying to read the sequel ever since. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagine Karou has some revenge to seek in this book! Guess we'll find out. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh! This does sound like something I would like to read! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Great WoW! Come visit mine!... :D

    Michelle @ My WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow and for stopping by and commenting! I do believe I'm following you back now! Thanks again!

      Delete
  5. Great pick! I have this one on my to-read list. I haven't read the first book yet but I really want to.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitley a good choice, but we all have our huge TBR piles to get through! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Awesome pick! I loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone and I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I'm just glad we don't have to wait too much longer for this one. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  7. I know my co-blogger, Heather, is really looking forward to this one. I, on the other hand, still need to read it! :) Great pick and thanks for visiting our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first one yet, but I def want to. Thanks for stopping by my WoW yesterday!

    ReplyDelete