Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Visual, but since I really don't read graphic novels or any other visual type of books, I thought I'd go with book covers.
Although, I have to say that none of these books are on my TBR list because of the descriptions or because I've not clicked with the authors in the past.
- The Talon series by Julie Kagawa - I've just not enjoyed her books in the past, but I love these covers.
- Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard - I had these on my TBR list at one time, but some of the reviews I've seen just kind of turned me off.
- The Ashfall series by Mike Mullin - While the book covers look awesome, I became aware that one of my triggers is involved in this series so I do try to avoid those when I can.
- Blood of Gods and Royals series by Eleanor Herman - I liked the description for book 1, but this was another that after I saw some reviews decided that it's probably not for me.
- The First Days by Rhiannon Frater - After reading Pretty When She Dies by Rhiannon Frater I removed her other books from my list.
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner - I've actually enjoyed Meagan Spooner in the past and these sound interesting, but they're just not on my TBR list because I don't think I have time to get around to them.
- Gravity series by Melissa West - This one was on my TBR list at one time, but like the previous series, I just don't see myself ever getting around to this series despite the pretty covers.
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi - Honestly, there's not much of a reason why I don't have this one on my TBR list. I just had to make a decision on whether to add this series or not and even though I like the covers, I chose not to add it.
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton - I have to say that I like the cover for book 2 much better than book 1. And that's probably a big reason why this never made it to my TBR list. I didn't add book 1 because I didn't love the cover, so book 2 never made it because book 1 didn't.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - Same as # 8.
So what do you guys think? Are any of these worthy of their beautiful covers that I might need to reconsider adding to my TBR list? Let me know!