Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday Post - 10/22/23

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

I don't even remember Monday. Tuesday was library day. Little Boy was whining because he didn't want to go to the park. I can't fathom it, but I kept my mouth shut and just drove anyway. Once we got to the library he saw the Halloween decorations at the park and changed his mind about going. Literally no one else was there. We had the entire park to ourselves. I was wondering if that would make them bored quicker, but they played so well together. Wednesday we ended up going to Walmart to get a birthday present for a little girl we go to church with. Thursday we had a field trip to the MOOseum. That was a little bit of a letdown. There were 25 kids and a small area with little play items. After 30 minutes we decided to leave. But that's okay. It was still an experience. We then went to my parents' house to eat lunch and play. Friday was Little Girl's 8th birthday. I can't believe she's so big. I mean eight seems like a legit big kid. She's not a little one anymore! I am so proud of the growth she's had and the person she's become. She is legit one of my favorite people. She was so excited to bake and decorate her own birthday cake. She also made homemade lemondade, and she was probably more excited about doing those things than about getting gifts. Saturday, we went to the birthday party for the little girl from church. Little Girl had fun. Little Boy was having an emotional day and kept saying other kids were being mean to him. I wasn't in the bounce house to see what was happening. And Baby Boy got hurt FOUR times. He fell off the swing twice, tripped on the concrete, and then tripped again on the way to our car. I was exhausted and frazzled by the time we got home. We did finish listening to The BFG on audio in the car on the way to the party.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Grace and Glory (The Harbinger, # 3) by Jennifer L Armentrout (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for A Drop of Venom by Sajni Patel

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, # 1) by Rebecca Yarros
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Friday: Homeschool Friday - Mini Reviews?

My annual "All Things Halloween" event is starting. This is my month-long event where I feature reviews from Halloween-y genres (fantasy, paranormal, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, mystery, thriller, and suspense). Over the last few years I've had mostly fantasy books as I just haven't been in the mood for much horror, but still...these are books that can get you in the mood for Halloween.

Don’t forget to link up for the 2023 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2023 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment