Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten All-Time Favorite Books.
Apparently I have issues with absolutes. That being said, I change my mind a lot too. So just because these are my top 10 all-time favorite books today doesn't mean they will be tomorrow. But...here goes.
1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - This is probably my all-time favorite book ever. It's a classic. Great love story. Passionate. Character growth. I love it.
2) Persuasion by Jane Austen - I love this one for all of the same reasons as Pride and Prejudice but just not quite as much.
3) Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan - I do like The Forest of Hands and Teeth series, but The Dead Tossed Waves stands out from the three to me and is one of my favorite books ever. I connected with Gabry a lot more than Mary or Annah. And I love Carrie Ryan's writing style. Plus ZOMBIES!!! I read this one 3 times in a row when I first read it.
4) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - I think this one caught me by surprise and that's one of the reasons why I loved it so much. I really connected and I can't wait to read Dare You To when it comes out.
5) Harry Potter (the entire series) by JK Rowling - JK Rowling is the master of tying all of the pieces together. To have the last chapter of The Deathly Hallows written before she finished The Sorcerer's Stone is just AMAZING to me. I really respect that and these books did not disappoint.
6) Vampire Academy (the entire series) by Richelle Mead - I LOVE Richelle Mead's writing. Rose is great...love her! And Dimitri is HOT! He's one of my top character crushes for sure! And like JK Rowling, Richelle Mead knows exactly how her series is going to end before she even begins and all things tie together. It's great! I love it.
7) Slammed by Colleen Hoover - Ok this one kind of stinks because I'm not posting my review on this until Thursday. I guess everyone knows now that I LOVED it! I really appreciated these characters. I can't tell you how often I was told that I always acted older than my age...well these characters definitely are forced to grow up quickly and I love their story.
8) A Song of Fire & Ice (the entire series) by George R R Martin - I've only read the first 3 books, but this series like I mentioned before is connected in every aspect. It's also not one that I'm typically able to predict what's going to happen, and that pushes it to the top of my list. It's super annoying to guess every plot twist, and well I don't have to worry about that with A Song of Fire & Ice.
9) Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian - This book blew me away. I'd read Power of a Praying Wife before this one so I knew it would be good, but I can't reiterate enough how much this book helped and inspired me.
10) Bible by God - HA! This one shouldn't be last, but I just couldn't leave it off the list of my all-time favorite books since genre wasn't specified. I never cease to learn something new each time I open the pages.
That's it for my Top 10 All-Time Favorite Books. What do you guys think? Are any of these your favorites too? Which ones did I leave off the list? Let me know!