Thursday, January 7, 2016

EOY 2015 Book Survey

Jamie The Perpetual Page Turner created this EOY Book Survey. I've participated the last three years (2012, 2013, & 2014), and I really enjoyed it. So here I am again for 2015. I've discussed how difficult narrowing down these are for me, right? Some of these get out of hand. Oh and feel free to join in and do your own survey. Just link back to Jamie.

2015 Reading Stats

104 books read (including a few children's books)
5 books re-read
Genre Read the Most From? New Adult Contemporary & Young Adult Fantasy

Books

1. Best book you read in 2015?


Faking Normal by Courtney C Stevens
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, # 1) by Pierce Brown
7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker
A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?


The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda Salisbury
Deep (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
The Body Electric by Beth Revis

3. Most surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read in 2015?


Divided We Fall (Divided We Fall, # 1) by Trent Reedy
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

4. Book you read in 2015 that you recommended to people the most?


Faking Normal by Courtney C Stevens
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, # 1) by Pierce Brown

5. Best series discovered in 2015? Best Sequel? Best series ender?


Series: Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, # 1) by Pierce Brown
The Key (True Reign, # 1) by Jennifer Anne Davis

Sequel: Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, # 2) by Pierce Brown
Red (True Reign, # 2) by Jennifer Anne Davis

Ender: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, # 6) by Richelle Mead

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?


Pierce Brown
Cora Carmack
Susan Ee
Rebecca Shea
Huntley Fitzpatrick
Courtney C Stevens
Jennifer Anne Davis
Jen Hatmaker

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?


I can't say that I truly branched out that much this year, but Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers would have to be the one that fit this the most. It was just a different type of read and caused me to think a good bit.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2015?


Red Rising by Pierce Brown (once I got past the 30% mark) & Golden Son

9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to re-read next year?

Honestly, I don't see myself having much time for re-reads next year. We'll just have to see though.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?


A Thousand Nights by EK Johnston
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

11. Most memorable character in 2015?

Darrow from Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown
Owen from Confess by Colleen Hoover

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?


Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Confess by Colleen Hoover
Faking Normal by Courtney C Stevens
November 9 by Colleen Hoover

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2015?


7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?


A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin

15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?

With as much as I love quotes, I hate that I'm just not prepared enough to be able to answer this one this year. *hangs head in shame*

16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2015?


A Dance with Dragons: 1125 pages & Playtime with Meerkat: 10 pages

17) Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it? (Updated to: Book that shocked you the most?)


A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin

18) Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2015 (romantic)?



Owen & Auburn
Sydney & Adrian
Sam & Jordan
Alexi & Bodee
Ben & Fallon

19. Favorite relationship (non-romantic) from a book you read in 2015?


Darrow & Servo

20. Favorite book you read in 2015 from an author you’ve read previously?


Confess by Colleen Hoover
November 9 by Colleen Hoover
A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin
Chasing River (Burying Water, # 3) by KA Tucker

21. Best book you read in 2015 that you read based soley on a recommendation from somebody else?


7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker recommended to me by my friend Kay
The Key (True Reign, # 1) by Jennifer Anne Davis recommended to me by Holly

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?


Bodee from Faking Normal by Courtney C Stevens
River from Chasing River (Burying Water, # 3) by KA Tucker
Owen from Confess by Colleen Hoover
Ben from November 9 by Colleen Hoover

23. Best debut you read in 2015?


Mayhem by Jamie Shaw

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2015?


Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, # 1) by Pierce Brown

25. Book that was the most fun to read in 2015?


Never Never (Never Never, # 1) by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards by Jen Hatmaker (hilarious)

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2015?


Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips
Unbreakable by Rebecca Shea
Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

27. Book you read in 2015 that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out?


Divided We Fall by Trent Reedy
The Key by Jennifer Anne Davis

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

I cried with a few books this year, but I don't think there was any one book that I could say "crushed my soul."

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?


Esther: A Royal Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, # 1) by Angela Elwell Hunt

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks, # 2) by Miranda Kenneally
Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, # 3) by Miranda Kenneally

Blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

Sorry guys, I really didn't get to explore other blogs much this year. :(

2. Favorite review you wrote in 2015?

Either my review of Stealing Parker or Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally. Both are negative reviews. Now don't get me wrong, I honestly don't enjoy doing negative reviews, but I think these were my best thought out reviews. That's why I'm featuring them.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?

Again...lest I be accused of being negative, the MOST discussion I had on my blog revolved around a controversial topic where a reader purposefully read my post the wrong way and tried to impose on me thoughts and feelings that I don't really have. BUT regardless it sparked conversation and I'm sure many thoughts. And truly it was really the words I chose to title the post rather than the content itself that I believe sparked the nonsense that followed: Top Ten Books That Don't Celebrate Diversity.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signing, festivals, virtual events, meme’s, etc)

Meh…not much new happened this year and I didn’t go to any events. Armchair BEA as always.

5. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2015?

When I decided not to let the events mentioned in question # 3 cause me to quit blogging.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Ugh too much to really discuss here. Check out my 2015 EOY Wrap Up for more information.

7. Most popular post this year on your blog (views or comments)?

Discussions Only We Know: How Outspoken is Too Outspoken

8. Post you wished got a little more love?

Discussion Only We Know: 13 Blog Related Frustrations

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, stores)?

I've got nothing.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year?

Finished my daily Bible reading (read the Bible in a year). Finished 104 books (included a few children's books to boost up my number). Read 10-12 series enders (I actually read 14).

Looking ahead…

1. One book you didn’t get to in 2015 but will be your number 1 priority in 2016?


Winter by Marissa Meyer
Their Fractured Light by Aime Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

2. Book you are most anticipating in 2016 (non-debut)?

Top Ten Most Anticipated Reads from January to June 2016

3. 2016 Debut you are most anticipating?

No debuts are currently on my radar I don't think.

4. Series ending you are more anticipating in 2016?


The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, # 4) by Maggie Stiefvater
The Last Star (The 5th Wave, # 3) by Rick Yancey
Morning Star (Red Rising Trilogy, # 3) by Pierce Brown

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2016?

Keep going.

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I've read 3 2016 releases already but so far they've just been okay. None that I feel like need an extra shout out just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment