Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Top Ten Books My Daughter Needs to Read

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books My Daughter Needs to Read.

  1. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
  2. Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, # 1) by LM Montgomery
  3. Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, # 1) by Lurlene McDaniel
  4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  5. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  6. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
  7. The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
  8. Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John & Stasi Eldredge
  9. Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, # 1) by JK Rowling
  10. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

This is excluding the obvious (The Bible). And I'm sure there are so many more books that I'm not thinking about right now. But I know that these are all books that shaped me, and I hope that my daughter(s?) will one day read them too. Are there any that I should add to this list? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a great twist on this week!! I haven't thought about books I would want my daughter (or my son ) to definitely read. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your topic! I think it's fun to think about because of all of the books that shaped me as a child and see if their are any similarities with what I want/hope my child will love. Definitely Little House on the Prairie though, they won't get a choice with that one lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the topic you picked for this, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Grace! Yes, if I ever have a boy I'll have to do a post for books I want him to read too! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Bri! I never read Little House on the Prairie myself, but I did have a friend actually gift a copy to my daughter so hopefully that will be one that she (and I) eventually read! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks so much Eva! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete