Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Top Ten Book Quotes from 2020

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week's topic is Top Ten Book Quotes.

I decided to do my favorite quotes from the books I've reviewed in 2020 because all time is just too many quotes to review and search through.

  1. -"I love you.” She jerked. She couldn’t help it. But she didn’t bolt for the door as she probably would have done a few months ago. “Are you trying to shackle me?” He breathed a laugh, shook his head. “Who said love had to be shackles? I’m not trying to hold you anywhere, force you to do anything. This is a gift to you, [...]. I give it freely. I demand nothing in return. You can love me or you can not. You can stay with me or you can go. Either way, I will love you. I will love the very spirit that may insist you run far and fast.”... “But I hope, of course. I hope you’ll stay. I hope you’ll accept my love— not as a prison trying to make you be something you don’t want to be. But as . . . wings. To help you reach whatever heights you strive for.” - A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, # 3) by Roseanna M White
  2. -“We must be still— not our hands and feet, but our minds. And know that He is God. That He has not changed. That the same Lord who loved us when all is well loves us still when all is lost. His promises are as true today as they were yesterday. He has been enough to see people through the worst since the dawn of time. We must trust that His love is enough to see us through now.” - A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, # 3) by Roseanna M White
  3. -Becoming a mother isn’t about securing your own happiness. It’s about taking the chance of being terrified and even devastated for the sake of a child. - Finding Perfect (Hopeless, # 2.6) by Colleen Hoover
  4. -“I’m not saying I don’t want you to love him. I’m only saying that if you get him killed, I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep myself from cutting your throat.” - Fable (Fable, # 1) by Adrienne Young
  5. -“What is the benefit of keeping a secret from someone you care about?” I had a feeling his question was more pointed than innocent. “For fear of losing that person’s good opinion. Or being seen differently in their eyes.”“That is exactly the thing I appreciate most about love, Miss Moore. Its opinion is not easily swayed by status or money or flaws. Unless it is betrayed, it is most forgiving. And it holds steadfast in any weather.” - Lakeshire Park by Meagan Walker
  6. -Control was nothing more than an illusion, a lie to trap the competent in their own capability. One that created such a dependence on self that it clogged the conduit of wisdom and power flowing from the Omnipotent until only a trickle of living water found its way through. - At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, # 1) by Karen Witemeyer
  7. -I realize now that life is just a continual parting of the ways, some more painful than others. - Where the Lost Wander by Amy Harmon
  8. -“Avoid Him as you may, I daresay even you have heard the story in the Gospels of the rich young ruler and how difficult it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”“Always found it absurd. If everyone goes about giving away all they have—”“He does not ask everyone to give all they have. But if He does, are we willing? Truly willing?” She shook her head. “Whatever He asks of us, whether it be a fortune or a pittance or our time or our devotion, we can be sure it will be painful. Cutting out what stands between us and God always is. But we can also trust that in the giving, we’ll gain something far more precious.” - On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, # 2) by Roseanne M White
  9. -There was nothing magical about being in love with someone. It didn’t cure every ill or solve every problem. It was simply a feeling. An infinitely precious feeling. Deeper than friendship. More meaningful than mere attraction. But it wasn’t a panacea. Real relationships were built on more than love. They were constructed with hard work, dedication, and patience. With honesty and mutual respect. - A Convenient Fiction (Parish Orphans of Devon, # 3) by Mimi Matthews/li>
  10. -“I want to look at a girl and know she’s mine and mine alone. That I am hers. That we belong to each other, body and soul. I want the world to stop when we’re together. I want to dream about her at night and wake for her every morning. I want to put her first, and know she does the same for me. I want... everything.” - The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, # 1) by Gena Showalter (cheating a little because this review hasn't posted to my blog yet)

What are your favorite book quotes? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment