Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday Post - 12/6/20

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Probably my longest weekly update ever. I knew this was going to be a hectic week, and boy was that the case. My car was still in the shop. Husband borrowed his mom's car to take to work on Monday which allowed me to take the kids to school and then I ran to Hobby Lobby to look for Christmas ornaments for Dirty Santa that we do every year. I was not impressed with their selection. I was also looking for Christmas lights since we'd had some strands go out between last year and this year. They also had a terrible selection for lights. I ended up placing a Walmart pick up order for later that night for Christmas lights and then to make sure my order hit the needed amount to qualify for pick up, I added the ingredients for the kids and I to make gingerbread houses. When I got to Walmart all of the pick up parking places were full and people were making up their own random places to park. I only saw two employees and had to wait quite a while for my order. More and more cars arrived after I did as well. And then when I finally got my order they were out of stock of Christmas lights which was the entire purpose of the order. Normally they notify you of your out of stock items and substitutions before you arrive, but for some reason this time they didn't. And my dishwasher quit working. Tuesday, Husband worked from home since his mom needed her car. The kids had doctor's appointments for yearly check ups. They're both doing well and had no issues with the appointment. This was the first year that we made it between yearly check ups without any sick visits in between. I count that to be due to how much we were at home over the last year. Anyway, we got home and had lunch and then did gingerbread houses. This was my first time ever doing one so that was fun. We also met with an architect and his builder about doing some renovations to the house. We need to add on a bedroom and replace our roof. We might do a few other things while we're doing that, but it'll depend upon estimates. Then Husband had to run to the chiropractor. He did manage to fix the dishwasher for me, but it's a temporary solution. We'll need to replace it before too long. Wednesday, Husband borrowed his mom's car again. I had a dentist appointment at a new location. I made it out of the dentist just in time to pick the kids up from school. I also had an Etsy order for a sticker set that night, but that ended up being stressful because my Cricut was broken and I hadn't received my new one yet. Thursday, I had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound. We were running late to that so my mom met us at the doctor and switched cars so she could take the kids to her house and I could go on in without being terribly late. Baby Boy is measuring at 5 pounds 1 ounce already. I still have 6ish weeks to go. My nephew was BORN weighing that same weight (he was 4 weeks early). So I think we're going to end up having a big baby this time. While I was at my mom's the car place called and said that my car was ready but it ended up needing additional work done than we anticipated. The bill for that was quite high. I'm thankful that Husband had just gotten a bonus from work that allowed us to cover that, but man was that an expense we weren't anticipating. Husband left work a little early to run pick up my new Cricut from Walmart (we were just waiting on the pick up order to be ready). But he didn't quite make it home in time to go with me to pick up my car so his mom ran up there with me. And Friday was a mostly normal day. I got some Christmas present wrapping done, logged some financial stuff, fulfilled my Etsy order, ran to the post office and the bank. And generally handled other errands. Saturday was my normal grocery pick up day. And we just hung out around the house for the most part. The rest of the weekends this month are pretty booked. But needless to say, I did very little reading and certainly didn't get any new books this week.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: November 2020 EOM Wrap Up
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Winning the Gentleman (Hearts on the Heath, # 2) by Kristi Ann Hunter
Thursday: Review of Wild at Heart (Wild, # 2) by KA Tucker (4 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Duke Meets His Match by Karen Tuft
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2020 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment