Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday Post - 01/02/22

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

The week leading up to Christmas was a roller-coaster. My mom went to my grandmother's and we quickly learned that she was in her final days. Monday, the kids and I decorated gingerbread houses. We did a kit this year and that was just okay. I think that is one of those things where the idea of it is funner than the actual event. I truly can't remember if we baked cookies for Santa on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think it was Wednesday though. We baked them in the morning and decorated them in the afternoon. They weren't as good as last year's cookies, but they were homemade. Thursday about noon my grandmother passed away with her two daughters (my mom and aunt) and my dad there with her. Later that afternoona about 5 pm, my niece gave birthday to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Death and life. We had thought my parents would be gone for Christmas, but they ended up coming back, and I think that was exactly what my mom needed. Christmas Eve we all packed up and drove to our house to look at the progress. There is progress, but it just just as slow as molasses. Christmas Day was wonderful. The kids were well behaved and so involved with all of their presents that we didn't even consider devices or TV until the afternoon when we put a TV show on for them to have a rest when Baby Boy had a nap. Sunday, we went to church as always and then went to Grammy's for dinner and Christmas with Husband's family. That was wonderful. We got back home really late. Can you guys believe I didn't get a single book for Christmas? Historically the week following Christmas is a challenging one to parent. The kids have been over excited, over tired, and over sugar and caffienated. It reminds me of the Berenstain Bears Too Much Birthday. Monday, my mom was in Mobile to do the funeral arrangements with her siblings. She got back around dinner time, but we didn't get to chat because we had a family date night to an indoor playground, dinner, and Italian ice treats. Tuesday and Wednesday were a little more normal, but the kids are still coming down off the holiday high. Thursday we went to Nanny's funeral. It was a day spent driving a lot. It takes us roughly 3 hours to get to the town she lived in, but then from there it was quite a drive into the boonies to her gravesite. Lots of tears shed, but I am so thankful for the wonderful example she set in my life. She was married for 68 years when Papa died in 2016. She lost 5 of her 9 children. Two died in a drowning accident in 1962 (they were 6 and 7 years old). One died in a boating accident (he had a heart attack while driving a boat). One was murdered. And another died just before Papa in 2015 in a car accident. She was a wonderful example of preservance and a Godly, faithful woman. She was the glue that held many of us together, and she will be greatly missed. Friday we met with our contractor.

THE PAST TWO WEEKs:

Monday 12/20: Review of After by Amy Efaw (4 Stars) *Trigger Warning*
Tuesday 12/21: Top Ten Books I Want from Santa 2021
Wednesday 12/22: Can't Wait for Running Wild (Wild, # 3) by KA Tucker
Thursday 12/23: 2021 Series Enders Reading Challenge - December Wrap Up
Monday 12/27: Review of Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, # 25) by Janet Evanovich (3.5 Stars)
Tuesday 12/28: Top Six Books I Read in 2021
Wednesday 12/29: Can't Wait for The War of Two Queens (Blood & Ash, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Whole Brained Child by Daniel J Siegel & Tina Payne Bryson
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday
Thursday: 2022 Series Enders Reading Challenge - Goals

Don’t forget to link up for the 2022 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2022 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment