Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday Post - 09/11/22

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Some years I wonder when we're going to forget. I know that I didn't grow up thinking much about Pearl Harbor. But that's because I didn't live it. So I blew it off. And it's hard to imagine, but it's true...there's a whole generation of people already born and some are adults now that didn't live the September 11th attack. But I remember. And I always watch the video of the 911 calls from that day. It gets me every single time. And you know what, I don't want to forget.

This past week was a little bit of the struggle bus for us. Our whole family has gotten sick or been sick this week. Thankfully, we have had a span of almost 3 months between sicknesses though compared to last year when we were sick every other week or so it felt like. Anyway, it started with Little Girl, then Baby Boy, then Little Boy, then Husband, and finally, I joined the sickly crew Saturday morning. We did send Little Boy to school on Wednesday because he'd just started coughing and you never know how bad it's going to be in the very beginning. He actually came home from school feeling better, but the next day he started running a fever. Anyway, so most of the week we did nothing. We watched too much TV. We did walk when we could. And we just snuggled up together which was nice. At the same time, I've been dying to just get out of the house. I finished painting all of our interior door this weekend. Well we still have some bifold closet doors we have to purchase and those will need to be painted, but the ones we have are DONE. I still have some window and door casings left to paint, and we have some exterior doors that need paint as well, but it's a huge check off my to-do list.

THE PAST WEEK:

Tuesday: August 2022 EOM Wrap Up
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Holding the Line (Love Along the Wires, # 3) by Jennifer Delamere

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Miss Newberry's List by Meagan Walker
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2022 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2022 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

Scotland's Melody isn't receiving the best reviews so I'm a little bit regretful that I requested it. We shall see.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment