Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday Post - 08/09/26

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This was our last week of summer break from school. Monday we ended up not having pitching practice. Tuesday, I took the kids to my parents, but then I had to run to the dentist. After I got the kids, we picked up groceries, and then headed home. I did end up taking Big Girl to pitching practice Tuesday night. My mom gave me a fall diamond art, and I decided I wanted to work on that before school started back, so I spent a lot of time this week listening to audiobooks and doing diamond art. Wednesday was a pretty chill day. We went to church that night. Thursday, the kids had a neighborhood friend who spent most of the day with us. Friday, I last minute decided to use a gift card to a new indoor playground facility in our area. It was much bigger than the others nearby, and it had more things for older kids I think. We actually ran into two different boys that have played baseball with Big Boy in the past--although never all 3 on the same team before. Saturday, I mopped my entire house while listening to an audiobook, and I push-mowed the backyard. Husband grilled steaks for us that night. I can't believe school starts back tomorrow. It'll be our 4th year of homeschooling.

THE PAST WEEK

Monday: Review of Embrace (Off the Ice, # 4) by Bal Khabra (4 Stars)
Tuesday: Ten Books I Was Reading On This Day Over the Years
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Peculiar Stars by Rebecca Yarros
Friday: July 2026 EOM Wrap Up

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Soulgazer (The Magpie and the Wolf Duology, # 1) by Maggie Rapier
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday
Thursday: Review ?
Friday: Homeschool Friday - Let's Go for a Drive

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment