Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Post - # 3

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Because I already participate in the In My Mailbox meme (however, I didn't receive any books this week, so no IMM this week), I'm just going to use this one as way to recap my week.

THIS PAST WEEK:

I had kind of a slow week on this blog this past week. I didn't really make a mistake, but I was in the mood to read a book for review from NetGalley that doesn't release until the end of August, and while it was great to go ahead and get it read and type up the review, I'm waiting to post my review on it until closer to the release date. So that left me without as much material to post for this week, but since I read what I'm in the mood for when I'm in the mood for it, that's just how it worked out this week.

And I've struggled with deciding what to read next. I've picked up and started 4 or 5 different books and none of them have grabbed me just yet, but I'm hoping to get hooked into something soon. Nevertheless, this is what I did get accomplished this week:

I participated in Top 10 Tuesday, where I cheated for hopefully the last time in a while and instead of picking a book and recommending read-alikes, I listed my Top 10 Most Intimidating Books.

I read and reviewed Quarantine: The Loners, which I gave 4 stars.

And I participated in In My Mailbox, where I feature the book I received this week.

As for the upcoming week, as per usual, I plan to participate in Top 10 Tuesday where the topic is Top 10 Most Vivid World settings. I'm looking forward to that one and have already started my list. I just might post a Waiting on Wednesday to feature a book that I'm anxious about coming out and getting. And other than that, I hope to have finished a book or two that I can review for you, but that will just depend on whether or not I can find something that will grab and hold my attention long enough to finish it.

And that's it for my Sunday Post. How has the past week been for you guys? Any bookish related things you want to talk about? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to have you participate this week, you can always link to both the IMM and The Sunday Post, as long as you mention my meme. A lot of people combine them. I sometimes get in a reading funk too,thankfully I am scheduled at least a week out so this gives me a little wiggle room..LOL I am happy to be home and am off to check out your review(s) i missed. Thanks again for being a part of the Sunday Post and hope this week is amazing for you and you find the perfect book to break the funk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't quite figured out how to get ahead on posting. In theory it sounds good, but since I've been posting as I read, I guess I'd have to restrain myself from posting long enough to get several reviews typed and ready to post. And I guess I could do that, but I don't know.

      I did, however, finish a book since my post yesterday. So maybe this won't be a huge funk. I'm going to the library today, so we'll see what goodies I come home with.

      Thanks for stopping by and posting!

      Delete
  2. Oh No! Sounds like you may be experiencing a reading funk? I hate a reading funk! Hope you get into something soon! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not so much that I don't want to read so much as I'm just not being grabbed. I don't know. I'm going to the library today, so maybe I'll find something to grab me there.

      Thanks for stopping by and posting.

      Delete