Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Waiting on Plastic Hearts


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 Plastic Hearts
By: Lisa De Jong
Expected Publication: March 1st 2013
( Goodreads )

Goodreads description--My life has always been safe. I like it that way. I grew up in a fake society where plastic hearts rule. If our hearts are made of plastic, they can never be broken. My parents have expectations and I do everything I can to meet them, even if it means giving up on my own dreams.

Now, all I want is to be free to make my own choices.

Dane Wright is everything I have been warned to stay away from. We met one night while I was with my perfect, parent-approved boyfriend and I haven’t stopped thinking about him. I don’t want to like him. I am doing everything I can to ignore his pull, but my heart seems to want what it cannot have, what it has never had.

Can he measure up? He may think I am too good for him, but maybe he is too good for me.

Life is a series of choices and I have never been able to make my own. Until one day, when my heart decides to make a choice for me.

What are you waiting on this week? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. OOh - this sounds right up my alley!! Added it, and thank you. ;)

    Check out my pick this week at Words Fueled by Love

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this, just recently too! Great pick
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me..but I like the sound of it...awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has me very intrigued! I'm definitely going to be putting this one on my wishlist. Happy reading, and thanks so much for stopping by my post earlier! =D

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting on my WOW! I've just become your newest follower, by the way! :)

    I've never heard of this book, but it has already won my heart!! (Please forgive the pun...lol.) This sounds like a very intriguing tale, where things might go every which way, until, hopefully, we'll have that ever-wonderful "happily ever after"!

    Thanks for adding to my TBR pile!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Synopsis is a little weird but premise sounds great :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Ayana @ My Book Memoirs

    ReplyDelete