Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I Wish Had a Sequel.
Well I don't actually read too many stand-alone books. I'm a series reader...but there are series that I didn't want to end--at least give us a companion novel.
- 1) Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, # 3) by Cassandra Clare - I'll admit, I'm one of the few people who probably didn't love how this one ended. I definitely want to know more about what's going on with Tessa and Jem after it ended. Maybe we'll get more info in the last Mortal Instruments or in the new series The Dark Artifices.
- 2) Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo - So this one was a coming of age story, but I wanted her to "win"...I'd like to see Amelia end up happy and in an successful relationship.
- 3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - Tell me you wouldn't want to know the happenings of Lizzie and Darcy's married life and the romantic adventures of their children. AND actually written by Jane Austen, not fan fiction.
- 4) Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, # 3) by Kristin Cashore - I want Bitterblue to have a successful relationship, plus I'd just like more of this world.
- 5) Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - I don't really want to mess with Ed and Lucy's story, but maybe a companion for this one too. Or shoot, I'd just be happy with more work from Cath Crowley.
- 6) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - Again, don't want to mess with Sean and Puck, but I'd take a companion. Want more water horses.
- 7) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - What I'm thinking is prequel. I'm totally interested in how some of the other games went. I'm sure that would be pretty depressing to read though.
- 8) Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, # 3) by Maggie Stiefvater - I need to know what's going on with Cole St. Claire.
- 9) Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, # 7) by JK Rowling - So again, I'm fine with where Harry's story ended, but lets get a companion--read about Harry's kids or something. Or even some random other Hogwarts students. I just don't want to leave this world.
- 10) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - I want to know more about some of the other characters: Renesme and Jacob. Leah...I want to know Leah has a happy ending. Or shoot...just Midnight Sun finished would be good.
Which books would you like to have sequels? Let me know!