Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books About Friendship.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - Elizabeth Wein writes some of the best friendship stories I've ever read.
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein - This group of girls is a family.
- Reason to Breathe (Breathing, # 1) by Rebecca Donovan - Sara is my favorite book best friend EVER!
- The Marked Men series by Jay Crownover - Since I'm female, my first response to this topic was female friendship, but I love reading about this group of guys and their friendships/family.
- Emma by Jane Austen - However misguided, the driving force behind Emma's matchmaking was to see her friends happily settled.
- The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - Rose and Lissa are practically sisters.
- The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater - Another group of friends that mostly include boys with Blue thrown in.
- Back to You by Priscilla Glenn - Best friends, but so much more. Time separates them, but they find themselves back together again.
- Torn by Stephanie Guerra - Becoming friends with someone with "issues".
- The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - Stephanie and Lula are pretty much best friends even though they're coworkers. I love their relationship.
- One Moment by Kristina McBride - What happens when tragedy strikes a group of friends.
- The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling - Do I really need to say anything here?
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - My first experience with a friendship loss. Heartbreaking.
- The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkein - Frodo and Sam. Sam's one of the most dedicated friends I've ever read about.
- Where the Red Fern Grows – Wilson Rawls - Best friends don't have to be human.
What are your favorite books about friendship? Let me know!