Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Top Ten Books I Disliked But Am Glad that I Read

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Disliked But Am Glad that I Read.

  1. Lies We Believe About God by William Paul Young - Since The Shack was so popular I'm glad to know that this man doesn't quite have an accurate understanding of the God of the Bible.
  2. Mr. President by Katy Evans - This book helped me realize what types of books I enjoy reading and which ones I don't want to waste my time on.
  3. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury - This cover is so beautiful that had I not read this book I think I would always be drawn to it. This way I'm glad that my curiosity was settled.
  4. Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks, # 2) by Miranda Kenneally
  5. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler - This was so highly rated, as are some of Sarah Ockler's other books. This one put her on the list of authors that I'll probably just not bother trying to read.
  6. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - I hated the main character of this book, but it helped me think about some things going on in today's youth.
  7. Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, # 2) by Anna Banks - Helped me to realize that while I like mermaids, I just don't enjoy reading about them too much.
  8. Incarceron (Incarceron, # 1) by Catherine Fisher - Another one where the cover and description would have kept drawing me in until I read it. Curiosity satisfied.
  9. Entice (Need, # 3) by Carrie Jones - This series just didn't work for me, yet the covers are so so beautiful. And I'm apparently not a huge fan of pixies.
  10. Vanish (Firelight, # 2) by Sophie Jordan - I really enjoyed books 1 and 3 but sometimes you've got to trudge through the middle to get to the good stuff.

Which books did you not enjoy but are glad that you read anyway? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment