Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Post - 10/14/18

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Tuesday was fall break for Little Girl so I took her to the park. Wednesday was Husband's birthday so Little Girl and I made him cupcakes. It rained all day due to Hurricane Michael. We weren't close enough to be in any danger, but it did rain the entire day. Praying for all of those who suffered damage or injuries. I've spent all my free time this week (and next) cleaning house as we're having a party on Saturday.

My annual "All Things Halloween" event started Monday. This is my month-long event where I feature reviews from Halloween-y genres (fantasy, paranormal, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, mystery, thriller, and suspense). Over the last few years I've had mostly fantasy books as I just haven't been in the mood for much horror, but still...these are books that can get you in the mood for Halloween.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of The Last Star (The 5th Wave, # 3) by Rick Yancey (3 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten Longest Books I've Read
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, # 1) by Nicki Pau Preto

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Harry Potter & the Cursed Child (Harry Potter, # 8) by JK Rowling
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2018 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2018 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had much going on this week. Sorry it rained but glad to hear you came through that storm okay. All we got was gusty wind from it. Now it's like fall here and just beautiful weather:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the storm only gave you rain and you did have some fun last week. We got some wind and giant waves. Today is sunny and warm.

    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete