Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sunday Post - 06/09/19

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Another week of 2019 down. It's going so fast. Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal days. The county came by to finally pick up our tree debris from the storm that we'd dragged to the road weeks ago. We had our spring AC check up on Tuesday, and it looks like we'll be getting a new inside and outside AC unit for our house. Such a big expense, but I'm thankful that we're in a position to be able to do it and not wait until it goes out on us completely and puts us in a financial bind. The latter half of this week it rained. We really needed the rain but boy is it tough being cooped up inside during the summer. I actually took the kids for a walk on the first day it rained and it rained on our walk. I didn't even care. The kids had a great time and we really needed to get out of the house. There's not much to say beyond that. Friday was a normal day. Saturday Grammy watched the kids for a couple of hours while Husband did some work on her roof. I took that opportunity to get some work done. I worked on cleaning and tidying the garage and laundry room as well as cleaning a good bit inside the house. I've been in such a cleaning, organizing, and purging mood. No new books this week. I've been trying to read at nights, but I've been so tired that I fall asleep on the couch as soon as I settle in.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Noble Guardian (Bow Street Runners, # 3) by Michelle Griep (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for The Hive by Barry Lyga & Morgan Baden
Thursday: Review of Boundaries with Kids by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend (5 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Noble Guardian (Bow Street Runners, # 3) by Michelle Griep
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday
Thursday: Review of Boundaries With Kids by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend

Don’t forget to link up for the 2019 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2019 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. At least you are done with the yard!
    Our AC went out in the middle of a heatwave and it took weeks to replace it, better to have it done now before Summer really kicks in!

    Hope you find time to read and relax this week.


    http://bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are making great progress around the house. time seems to go so fast. where has it gone?


    sherry @
    Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you may be tired at times, but you are making things happen. So that's a good tired of accomplishment. I have too many irons in the fire myself. Have a good week and take care of yourself too.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete