Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Unpopular Bookish Opinions.
- I don't like books about time travel. At all. I've never read one that I liked.
- I don't read books just so that I can claim diversity. I don't pick them based on author's race, character's race, etc. (I choose books based on which descriptions sound interesting to me.) Granted I will choose not to read a book based on the character's age range as I have my preferences there. *shrugs*
- I prefer to read on my phone or my kindle. Mostly because I can do that one handed. If I get any reading done during the day with the kids, it's a must to be one handed. Mostly, I tend to read at night on the couch while Husband is watching TV so I have a built in light.
- I no longer aim to have a room in my house as a dedicated library where I have shelves upon shelves of books. I've been striving to purge and become more of a minimalist (not completely all the way to a minimalist), so I'm only keeping physical copies of my absolute favorite books.
- I am uninterested in reading any LGBT books. Sorry, not sorry.
- I really hate when I read an author and love their clean books and then with each passing release they publish more and more sex scenes or increased description in these scenes. It's not necessary. I will love your books more without this included.
- Language. I hate it. There's nothing worse than loving the story line of a book but feeling like I'm limited in who I might want to recommend the book to due to language.
- I love audiobooks. I wish I could listen to them more.
- More often than not, I'm glad my favorite series has ended. I'm always torn when an author goes back to a series I love but considered closed.
- Frankly, I don't even want to read a book if there's not a love story in it. Nope not interested. I love love. I love love stories. This is what I read for. While other books might be amazing, I just don't have the time if the story isn't mostly driven by romance.
What are your unpopular bookish opinions? Let me know!