Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday Post - 11/15/20

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

We've had some warmish weather so the kids and I have been getting outside to walk and play. They're at ages where they're playing more independently so I'm able to rest from our walks while they get their energy out. No school on Wednesday because of Veteran's Day. A big thank you to all of the Veterans out there. My grandfather on my dad's side was in WW2, but he died before I was born so I didn't get to know him much. I do know he was in the Navy and their ship broke down in enemy water. The mechanics on the ship weren't able to fix it and my grandfather stepped in and got it running again. He had to do so without making any unnecessary noise as well. He and my grandmother met shortly before he shipped out, and they wrote letters to each other while he was overseas. Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon, Husband's sister from Georgia stopped by (she was visiting their mom). Thursday, we spent the day with my mom. Friday was spent mostly on admin stuff. All of the finance prep that needs to happen before Christmas shopping begins. I'm in the mood for Christmas, but we always wait until Thanksgiving to decorate. I have been listening to Christmas music though. No new books this week.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Lost on the Way (West Side, # 4) by Isabel Jolie (3 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Sunkissed by Kasie West

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, # 3) by Kasie West
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2020 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment