Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Post - 10/30/22

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Little Boy is in a phase of bad behavior, especially at school lately. I don't really know what's up, but it has been challenging to say the least. So Monday he was sent home with a note about behavior at school. Tuesday night, Baby Boy started saying "ears" when I was putting him to bed. So I knew with his runny nose and his history that he probably had another ear infection. Wednesday, Little Boy had his worst behavior at school yet. Husband and I discussed it and given his general behavior over the last month and even further back than that really, we were ready to cancel his birthday party. We told him it would depend on his behavior at school on Friday. Well, Thursday came and I took Baby Boy to the doctor. He does have another ear infection. This is his third since September. And somehow his eardrum was punctured this time. So we're doing antibiotics and drops, we go back in 3 weeks for another ear check to see how it's healing. I remembered Thursday night that Friday was pumpkin patch day for Little Boy's school so he lucked out on behavior since he wasn't in the classroom and I was able to be with him to better monitor his behavior and correct anything I saw versus his teacher. The pumpkin patch was fun but chaotic. Friday afternoon and evening I went into overdrive with trying to get things done. I actually had a mini-breakdown over something that I broke Friday afternoon. I just had input overload with Baby Boy being sick and whiny, Little Boy's bad behavior, Little Girl and Little Boy bickering, the thing I broke, and all the food prep and house cleaning that needed to be done. It was almost 1 am before I finally went to bed Friday night--which is not like me at all. Saturday was great though. The kids behaved so well. Since their birthdays are so close together we had a family lunch party for both kids, and then at 3 pm we had a friend party at the local trampoline park for Little Boy's 5th birthday. I was exhausted when we got home and barely even got this post prepped before bed. Today is Little Boy's actual birthday. I truly cannot believe he is 5 years old.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Defender of Walls (Kingdom of Walls, # 1) by Tanya Bird (4 Stars)
Tuesday: 2022 Series Enders Reading Challenge - October Wrap Up

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: October EOM Wrap Up?
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday
Thursday: Review of A Daughter's Courage (Brides of Laurent, # 3) by Misty M Beller

My annual "All Things Halloween" event is ending. This is my month-long event where I feature reviews from Halloween-y genres (fantasy, paranormal, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, mystery, thriller, and suspense). Over the last few years I've had mostly fantasy books as I just haven't been in the mood for much horror, but still...these are books that can get you in the mood for Halloween.

Don’t forget to link up for the 2022 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2022 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment