Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books Dealing with Tough Subjects.
1) The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen - Suicide. Mental Illness.
2) The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay - Brutal Attack. Death. Depression. Dashed Dreams for the Future.
3) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - Sexual Assault. Kidnapping. Suicide.
4) The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen (review coming soon) - Parental Abuse. Rape. Cutting. Induced-Vomiting/Bulimia.
5) 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher - Suicide. How we treat each other matters. Being the Victim/Blaming Others.
6) Rule by Jay Crownover (review coming soon) - Death. Multiple Sex Partners. Not Feeling Loved by a Parent.
7) Speechless by Hannah Harrington- Bullying.
8) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry- Mental Illness. Death. When a Parent Tries to Kill You. Death of Parents. Foster Care. Separation from Family.
9) Dare You To by Katie McGarry (review coming soon) - Drug Addict/Alcoholic Parent. Abusive Boyfriend of Drug Addict/Alcoholic Parent. Separation from Family.
10) Slammed by Colleen Hoover- The Death of Both Parents. Raising a Younger Sibling.
What are your favorite books dealing with tough subjects? Let me know!