The 15 Day Book Bloggers Challenge hosted by April @ Good Books and Good Wine. Day 7 in the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is talking about Blogging Quirks...
I wasn't really quite sure what April intended with this topic, but here goes...
- I blog in HTML. Mostly because I didn't even know that handy Compose option was over there until a ridiculous time had passed in my blogging life. I've found that I can't really switch over to Compose now that I'm actually familiar with SOME HTML.
- I format as many posts ahead of time as I can. Right now I have about 16 unpublished drafts with probably just as many reviews typed up that aren't formatted.
- I type my reviews within a day or two of reading the book. If too much time passes between me reading the book and writing the review I tend to forget a lot.
- I almost always forgot the main female character's name by the time I write my review. I don't know why, but the names just aren't sticking with me like they used to. Unless it's an odd one. I can't tell you how many times I've had to pull Goodreads up when writing my review just so I can find the MC's name. So sad. SMH.
- I just recently started highlighting in my Kindle for review purposes. It helps me to spark what I was thinking at the exact moment I read that part.
- I don't actually like seeing what other people have highlighted when they read the kindle version of a book. You know how it says "71 people highlighted..." Yeah...I don't really like that.
- I have my blog scheduled with posts from now and until mid-late September. Some of my reviews will be changed around with the more review books I read between now and then. Review book posts take priority over reviews of books I've read just because they're on my TBR list.
- I've decided not to review or feature books with people half-naked on the cover. I try to keep it family friendly. I have a thirteen year old niece who reads, and whether or not she reads my blog, I want it to be family friendly incase she visits.
- I blog for me. Someone during Armchair BEA (I need to go back and see who so I can give them credit) suggested I type up a blogging manifesto that I can go back and look at periodically that describes why I blog. I really need to do that. And while I dearly adore and love my followers and readers, I do still blog for me.
I'm sure there are many more quirks that I have as a blogger, but I can't think of them right now. And I have other blogging needs to attend to. What are your blogging quirks? Let me know!