Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
- 1) Carrie Ryan - Granted I've only read her The Forest of Hands and Teeth series, but I really enjoyed the voices that she gave to her characters--specifically Gabry, in book 2, The Dead-Tossed Waves. I know there are quite a few people who have read her stuff, but not enough man. Not enough.
- 2) Jessica Sorensen - Everything I've had a chance to read by her has been really good. I believe she self-published a lot of her novels and so they don't get as much press as the books from the bigger publishing houses.
- 3) Priscilla Glenn - Seriously, I couldn't put Back to You Down. I've recommended it, but I don't know that anyone I've recommended it to has actually picked it up. PICK IT UP PEOPLE!
- 4) Erin McCarthy - I've only read True by her, but I enjoyed it so much more than I expected. I've only seen a couple of people review this one. But it's worth checking out for sure.
- 5) Jay Crownover - I enjoyed Rule, but Jet was even better for me. I finished Jet over a week ago and I still can't get it out of my head. I want more.
- 6) Sophie Jordan - I've only read her Firelight series, but Sophie Jordan hooked me with book 1 and her unique look at dragons. I haven't seen many people fawn over these books either. Shame.
- 7) Katja Millay - The Sea of Tranquility was awesome. And I've seen tons of praise for it, but I want more--maybe I'm just anxious for her next book or something.
- 8) Cath Crowley - This Aussie author really impressed me with Graffiti Moon. I don't know how come more people aren't all over both Cath Crowley and this book.
- 9) Gina Holmes - I've only read one book by her, Crossing Oceans, but it was majorly emotional. She deserves much props and for me to check out more of her work.
- 10) Francis Chan - I know he has tons of fans out there, but I think many more people could be inspired by him if they gave his work a chance. Start with Crazy Love.
I tried to really focus on authors that I haven't seen the love that I think they deserve. Which authors do you think deserve more recognition? Let me know!