Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers.
It's Halloween--well close enough--my peeps!!! I just love this holiday. Maybe it's the trees changing colors and leaves falling. Maybe it's the cooler weather. It's definitely not the college football. But whatever the reason, I love this season. And so with the last week of October rapidly coming to a close, let's take a look at the scariest looking book covers that I could find.
- 1) The Woman in Black by Susan Hill - Tell me that cover isn't a little be freaky.
- 2) This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers - I love this cover. From the color to her hair and the position of her body to the blood sprinkled in the top left corner. Perfect cover for this book.
- 3) Ten by Gretchn McNeil - This one is just the idea of what scary things might take place on a deserted island. Especially with a serial killer running around.
- 4) Deadlocked by AR Wise - Man, does that Deadlocked cover not have an impact? It's the coloring, the expression...impactful.
- 5) It by Stephen King - How many people aren't scared of clowns after this book? I haven't read it myself, but I know the gist of it.
- 6) Cujo by Stephen King - I'm not 100% sure what's going on with this cover, but it gives enough of a scary impression for me to steer clear.
- 7) Insomnia by JR Johansson - Again, I don't know 100% what's going on with this cover, but it freaks me out a little.
- 8) Before I Go to Sleep by SJ Watson - Is that a mirror? It almost looks like a creepy stalker person staring into a fogged up window somewhere. Gives me the hee-bee-jee-beez.
- 9) Uncle Silas by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu - Chick on the cover looks like the perfect victim of a possession. Am I right or what?
- 10) Wake the Wicked by Christian Baloga - And yeah...I have no words for this one.
What about it? What are the scariest book covers for you? Let me know!