Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Re-Design.
So I'm no design guru or anything like that. As a matter of fact, I think I stink at most things visual. But I know what I like and what I don't like. These are the ones I'd change...
- 1) Frigid by J Lynn - Who has their shirt off in a snow storm? (review coming soon)
- 2) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - I'm all sentimental when it comes to this book, but the cover is not my favorite.
- 3) The Power of a Praying Kid by Stormie Omartian - I get that this is probably designed and marketed to kids, but the mustard yellow is not an attractive color.
- 4) The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen - In a way I like the simplicity and the cleanness of these new covers, but this one doesn't reflect what's on the inside of this book at all IMO. Plus I was a fan of the red of the original covers.
- 5) The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa - I liked the first cover for The Immortal Rules, but when they released The Eternity Cure they did a new version of the cover for The Immortal Rules...well not my favorites.
- 6) Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout - It's not a bad cover, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the series. Books 0.5 - 3 are very dark. Origin is very bright. There are some things that tie them together--like the cover model who thankfully is the same on each book--but I would have gone darker is all. (review coming soon)
- 7) The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay - I LOVE this book. But I don't really like silhouettes too much, and while the cover KIND OF makes sense for the book, I just don't really love it.
- 8) The entire Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - BORING!
- 9) What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor - This was a cute read. The cover is just a little too "homemade" looking to me. Plus the cover models are cheesing it up.
- 10) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - Kind of boring.