This challenge is for all of you series readers who are scared to death of that last book in the series. You anxiously await it. You stalk it. You get your hands on it as soon as possible. But then…you put off reading it for fear that it might not be everything you thought it would be. Or, maybe you just have a backlog of series started and you need to finish that last book.
- 1) This challenge will run from January 1, 2014 until December 31, 2014.
- 2) Anyone can enter. You don’t have to have a blog just as long as you review your books somewhere: on your blog if you have one, Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.
- 3) Any genre, length, or format is acceptable as long as it is the last book in a series where all books in the series have been published and no more books are currently intended to be published in the series. If an author makes a decision somewhere during the year to add on to the series, we will count both the original last book in the series and the “new last” book in the series assuming the author isn’t going to write more than one additional book. Last book published in a series doesn’t count if more books are expected to be published.
- 4) You can list your series enders ahead of time or do a singular wrap up post. If you decide to list them up front, feel free to change them throughout the year as necessary.
- 5) When you sign up in the linky, please use the direct link to your post about joining the 2014 Series Enders Reading Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please post about it on Facebook or Twitter and include that direct link as your sign up.
- 6) You can sign up until December 15, 2014. This allows you to join the challenge at any time during the year.
- 7) On the 25th of every month, we will post a wrap up on both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love with a giveaway and a place for you to link up your reviews for the month. The monthly giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up (ex. From January 25th 2014, to February 25th 2014). For each link to a review, you will get an (1) entry into a drawing for that giveaway. This will be open internationally.
- 8) If you miss a wrap-up post and giveaway, you can link your review the next month. Please do not try to link to one review twice. We will be verifying these.
- 9) December will be the wrap up for the entire year. All reviews linked from January through December will be entered into a Grand Prize giveaway.
- 10) You don’t have to follow Somewhere Only We Know or Words Fueled by Love to participate in the challenge, but you do have to follow both of us in order to be entered in the giveaways.
Levels: (how many series enders you are planning to read)
Level 1: 1 – 5
Level 2: 5 – 10
Level 3: 10 – 15
Level 4: 15+
Check out the sign up post to join the challenge.
- Finale (Hush, Hush, # 4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Rapture (Fallen, # 4) by Lauren Kate
- The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, # 4) by Julie Kagawa
Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, # 3) by Laini Taylor City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, # 6) by Cassandra Clare
- Ceaseless (The Existence Trilogy, # 3) by Abbi Glines
- Ruins (Partials, # 3) by Dan Wells
Requiem (Delirium, # 3) by Lauren Oliver
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, # 3) by Michelle Hodkin
- Forever (Temptation, # 3) by Karen Ann Hopkins
- Ruin & Rising (The Grisha, # 3) by Leigh Bardugo
Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, # 3.5) by Maggie Stiefvater Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, # 3) by Susan Dennard Taking Control (The Kerr Chronicles, # 2) by Jen Frederick Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent, # 3) by Barry Lyga A is for Abstinence (V is for Virgin, # 2) by Kelly Oram Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, # 3) by Robin LaFevers Breakable (Contours of the Heart, # 2) by Tammara Webber Shatter (True Believers, # 4) by Erin McCarthy Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, # 4) by KA Tucker The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, # 3) by Steig Larsson Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, # 6) by Richelle Mead
I hope to read more than this, but these are just the ones that I know for sure are going to be available as the last in the series throughout 2014. Some series the author hasn't clearly stated how many more will be released or when the publication date is going to be for the last book in the series. I'm keeping my eyes out for Bloodlines # 6's publishing date (by Richelle Mead), how many more will be in the Lux series (by JLA), The Secret series and The Coincidence series (by Jessica Sorensen), and not sure if Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, # 4) by KA Tucker will be the last or not, and then how many more in the Cambion series (by Shannon Dermott) there will be. All of these are ones I'm keeping my eyes out for more information. Also, I'm sure I'll come upon a series or two during the year were all the books are already published, and I can make my way through them all throughout the year. We'll see.