Sunday, December 2, 2012

In My Mailbox - 31 & Sunday Post - 22

In My Mailbox is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where bloggers can discuss the books we got in the mail this week.

Deadlocked 2

By: AR Wise

Published: December 2011

77 pages

Source: Loaned to me by my sister-in-law, Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads--Part two of this series picks up immediately after the end of the first. David's wife, Laura, is forced to take over the protection of their family as the boat travels out into Hailey Bay, away from the zombies. However, the boat's pilot plans to dock back in the overrun city to rescue his own family, which will put Laura's in jeopardy.

Laura is forced to overcome unimaginable horrors as the zombie apocalypse explodes around her, but it is the evil intent of the humans around her that present her greatest challenge. The reader is taken far beyond the edge of their seat as Laura pushes forward to the inevitable end. No one is safe in a world where the dead hunt the living.

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Because I already participate in the In My Mailbox meme (above), I'm just going to use this one as way to recap my week.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Undeadly by Michele Vail (3 Stars)

Tuesday: Top 10 Most Anticpated Books of 2013

Wednesday: Waiting on Hopeless

Thursday: Review of The Twisted Window by Lois Duncan (3 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of God, Girls, and Guys by Robin Marsh & Lauren Nelson

Tuesday: Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday

Thursday: Review of The New Kid by Temple Matthews

That's it for my mailbox and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you get in your mailbox this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

24 comments:

  1. Hmm I've never read anything by AR Wise. Sounds like an interesting read/series. Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Deadlocked series, but it looks interesting. I do love me a good zombie story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these but I'm off to check out your reviews! Great week! Thanks for stopping by our post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadlock sounds creepy cool! Cannot wait to see what you want from Santa! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Dru
    http://notesfromme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this one, but sounds interesting.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stared at the cover of Deadlock 2 for a very long time :| looks scary haha.
    I ended up giving Undeadly 3/5 stars too (here's my review), it was kind of up and down but had it's cute moment.

    Here's my IMM at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just looked at the first Deadlocked book on GR and decided that I need to read these! Plus they are really short. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deadlocked sounds interesting. I've never read anything by A.R as well. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always love a good zombie story! :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are soooooo lucky to have a sis-in-law that blogs, too! I don't have any other actual persons I know who blog so whenever I say what my hobby is, I get eyes crossing and I'm all embarrassed. AND you can share scary zombie books!! I don't know if I could read Deadlocked (or the first one). As a mom, it might be too close to home for me and I need to leave further from reality :)

    I see you're reading GRRM - How are you liking him??? I read him a LOOOOONG time ago, just the first two, and I absolutely adored his writing. But my hubs got all mad at him for not writing faster so we had to ban him in the house >.<

    Have a great week and thanks for visiting me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, thanks for dropping by our blog. And while I'm not familiar with any of the books there, they sure do look interesting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen Deadlocked a few times but I wasn't sure if I wanted it, but it certainly looks good. It's very cool that you know someone personally who also blogs...I wish I had someone around who blogs, lol.
    Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man...I am going to have to think about the books I want from Santa...thanks for the heads up!

    Have a great week!

    Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of AR Wise. The book looks creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That book looks scary! I hope you enjoy reading it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. At first glance, I thought those were coffee beans on the cover of Deadlocked 2. Wrong! LOL. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of Deadlocked but that sounds like a good read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I had a close friend or relative who blogged!! Enjoy!!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Deadlocked series is amazing. Wise does a grat job of keeping it realistic. Hope you enjoy book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandy, I followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds interesting!
    Thanks for commenting on my IMM!

    ReplyDelete