Sunday, December 16, 2012

In My Mailbox - 33 & Sunday Post 24

In My Mailbox is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where bloggers can discuss the books we got in the mail this week.

Obsidian (Lux, # 1)

By: Jennifer L Armentrout

Published: May 8th 2012 by Entangled Teen (first published November 23rd 2011)

361 pages

Source: My SNL Holly @ Words Fueled by Love let me borrow her Kindle since the book isn't loanable.

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This week was busy work wise, but not crazy like last week. We did go to my aunt's house Friday night for a Christmas get-together, which I always enjoy. We used to go to her house on Christmas Eve every year when I was little and I always enjoyed it--and still do. *Sigh* I just love this time of year.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Rockoholic by CJ Skuse (4 Stars)

Tuesday: Top 10 Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2012

Wednesday: Waiting on The Fairest Beauty

Thursday: Review Back to You by Priscilla Glenn (5 Stars)

Friday: December New Release Giveaway Hop (Runs until December 31st) - Don't forget to enter!

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Read in 2012

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday

Thursday: Review of Deadlocked 2 by AR Wise

That's it for my mailbox and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you get in your mailbox this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Obsidian seems to be one everyone is enjoying. I hope you enjoy it.

    MY SUNDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Obsidian!!!!! Hope u enjoy it too. I'm curious to see your review of iron king. My STS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your review of Obsidian and The Iron King!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun at your Aunt's, we always had an open house in our home on Christmas Eve when i was kid..it was magical with family coming, some we hadn't seen all year and the food..oh lord. Good times. Now my parents are retired in Florida and I live in the middle of the country. I love JLA, enjoy your new read! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Obsidian and just recently read and enjoyed Onyx. I hope that you enjoy the series as much as I have so far. I am looking forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete