Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on The Fairest Beauty

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Fairest Beauty

By: Melanie Dickerson

Expected Publication: January 8th 2013 by Zondervan

352 pages

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads--A daring rescue. A difficult choice. Sophie desperately wants to get away from her stepmother's jealousy, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be Sophie's one chance at freedom---but can she trust another person to keep her safe? Gabe defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the girl's inner and outer beauty has enchanted him. Though romance is impossible---she is his brother's future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else---he promises himself he will see the mission through, no matter what. When the pair flee to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help---but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Now both must not only protect each other from the dangers around them---they must also protect their hearts.

This sounds like an exciting and modern re-telling of a classic fairytale! Can't wait to check it out! What are you waiting on this week? Let me know!

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, a fairy tale type story with a twist. Love the description of the book and the cover! Good pick this week!

    I have yet to pick mine this week....so go check it out this afternoon.

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fairy tale retelling fan so this definitely goes to my tbr. Thanks for featuring it! Great pick!
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super cool! Love fairy tale retellings.

    This week were waiting on Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood!

    http://beneaththemoonandstars.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-star-cursed-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! This sounds awesome! I just added it on Goodreads, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge fan of fairy tale retellings! I like that this one is not a modern retelling, makes it a little different than the most recent ones I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, haven't heard of this one yet. It'll be interesting to see how this author treats the fairytale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for a good fairy-tale retelling, can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    See what I picked this week at Read. Sleep. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am completely waiting on this one, too! The cover was the first thing that caught my attention, but the story sounds like a great retelling. Plus, I love forbidden romances :) Thanks for sharing and stopping by! *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for dropping by my WoW! :) Great pick! I like this! Thank you for putting this up. :) I'll add it to my TBR list! :D

    Laurice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is a Snow White angle I haven't heard of yet! Incredible in how many ways people manage to retell this fairytale... thanks for pointing it out, and for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds fab. Thanks for sharing & stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh... love the cover, definitely a great WoW!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful! Love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my WOW.

    ReplyDelete