Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books If I Had a Book Club.
If I had a book club, it would be all about stories that I need to talk about--stories that need to be picked apart and dissected. While this can be necessary for some contemporary books, mostly I see my book club being Fantasy driven.
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling - Because come on, can you have a book club without reading Harry Potter?
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin - Because there's so much that I'm sure that I'm missing and I feel like these are books that MUST be disected.
- Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown - While this book had a slow start for me, since finishing it, I can't stop thinking about it. This book needs to be talked about. I can't wait to read more of the series.
- His Fair Assassins by Robin LaFevers - Again, these books must be talked about. The symbolism alone demands it.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - I mean this is a retelling of multiple major fairytales all combined into one story. Yes, this would definitely be on my book club list.
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - This would make my list for the unique writing style alone. I still haven't finished this series, but I think it would make excellent book club discussions.
- Jasper Dent by Barry Lyga - Another book where so much happens that you just need to talk the twists and turns out with someone. Plus this entire series is psychological.
- The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E Pearson - Book one had such an interesting method of story telling. This would make for interesting discussion. I'd love to see who all guessed correctly and who all was wrong.
- Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - The mix of the lovely writing style and story elements would make for good discussion I think. Another where I still have to finish the last book.
- anything Jane Austen - Because again, you can't have a book club without reading Jane Austen.
What books would your book club read? Let me know!