Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books With More/Less X.
- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, # 3) by Suzanne Collins
- Insurgent/Allegiant (Divergent, # 2 & 3) by Veronica Roth
- Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, # 1) by Richelle Mead
- The Crown (The Selection, # 5) by Kiera Cass
- Deliverance (Defiance, # 3) by CJ Redwine
- Legend (the entire series) by Marie Lu
- Ignite Me (Shatter Me, # 3) by Tahereh Mafi
- Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes
- Matched (the entire series) by Ally Condie
- Pandemonium/Requiem (Delirium, # 2 & 3) by Lauren Oliver
As I've gotten older politics have become more important to me, but I still hate talking about it with other people. And I especially HATE reading about it because I read for fun and to relieve stress...not to cause it. And authors who slip political statements into their books with the hopes of persuading the reader to their opinions is one of my biggest reading pet peeves. Not all of these books fall into that category, but they all have some kind of political focus or topic that I'd just rather not be there, even if it's just about the fictional world the characters live in. What do you guys think? Do you hate politics in books too? Or is it just me? Let me know!