Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday Post - 245

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This week was so much fun. Husband took a few days off of work. So Monday we took a day trip to Gulf Shores to go to the beach. Little Girl did wonderful. She didn't want us to put her down in the sand at first, but she quickly got over that. She played with seashells and dug in the sand. But her favorite part was the water. Even though it was super cold, she wasn't deterred. She loved the waves. And when Mama and Daddy wouldn't let her go in very far, she was happy to fill up her bucket to take back to her sandcastle. Having Daddy at home the next two days was the best thing in the world for her. She loves him so much and they played and had fun. Having him around during the day always gives me a little break because she's all about him. We walked each day even though the weather is getting quite warm. I'm still in a reading slump. I just don't even have the energy to hold my kindle in front of my face when I have opportunity to read. I'm hoping that now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, I should get some energy back soon. (I hope!)

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Until It Fades by KA Tucker (4 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten Things that Make Me Not Want to Read a Book
Wednesday: Waiting on All Closed Off (Rusk University, # 4) by Cora Carmack & 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge - April Wrap Up

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: April 2017 EOM Wrap Up
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday
Thursday: Review of Windfall by Jennifer E Smith

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15, 2017 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

10 comments:

  1. I hope the second trimester brings your mojo back! Oh man, loving the beach pics, it sounds like you had fun. I so wish we were going to the shore again this summer but glad we didn't book anything since my son will be in that awful contraption. Have a wonderful week Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww your beach trip looks awesome. Its great that your daughter isn't afraid of the water. I know lots of kids are. Hopefully you are able to get some energy back. I have never been pregnant so I have no idea what its like, but all my friends tell me its exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your good news! And I'm so jealous of your beach day (but not of your tiredness!). Hope you feel a bit better soon, and can enjoy reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally envy the beach going! Hope you get your energy back up soon. :)

    Have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kimba! I've definitely been dragging my feet on reading and blogging lately. But it was the same way with my first pregnancy. Hope your son will heal quickly and follow the doctor's orders. Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's been a water baby from birth really. She loves bath time and loved the pool last year too. We haven't been able to swim yet this year, but she tries to run to the pool any time we put her down outside. It's great that she's excited, but it also means that we have to keep a double close eye on her outside. Oh yes...pregnancy has an exhaustion that comes with it that borders on being just as bad as newborn sleepless nights. It isn't that you don't sleep, you just don't feel rested. My first pregnancy I would sleep 11-13 hours at a time some days. I physically can't do that now, but thankfully I haven't been as exhausted this time as the first. Yet still very tired. I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know. :) Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was. I wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks for stopping by Nise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Trish! Yes the tiredness is for the birds. We've often joked about pregnancy trying to get you used to being exhausted so that when new baby comes you're already adjusted. It doesn't really work that way of course. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Aleen! I hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete