The 2016 Series Enders Reading Challenge was another success, and so Holly and I decided we're in this for yet another year. Welcome to our 4th Annual Series Enders Reading Challenge. The rules this year are the same as last year, but please be sure to check them out for a refresher.
This challenge is for all of you series readers who are scared to death of that last book in the series. You anxiously await it. You stalk it. You get your hands on it as soon as possible. But then…you put off reading it for fear that it might not be everything you thought it would be. Or, maybe you just have a backlog of series started and you need to finish that last book.
Join us in knocking out those pesky last books in a series. This is your chance. Here’s your motivation. Better than that, we have prizes!
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2017 until December 31, 2017.
- Anyone can enter. You don’t have to have a blog just as long as you review your books somewhere: on your blog if you have one, Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.
- Any genre, length, or format is acceptable as long as it is the last book in a series where all books in the series have been published and no more books are currently intended to be published in the series. If an author makes a decision somewhere during the year to add on to the series, we will count both the original last book in the series and the “new last” book in the series assuming the author isn’t going to write more than one additional book. Last book published in a series doesn’t count if more books are expected to be published.
- You can list your series enders ahead of time or do a singular wrap up post. If you decide to list them up front, feel free to change them throughout the year as necessary.
- When you sign up in the linky, please use the direct link to your post about joining the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please post about it on Facebook or Twitter and include that direct link as your sign up.
- You can sign up until December 15, 2017. This allows you to join the challenge at any time during the year.
- On the 25th of every month, we will post a wrap up on both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love with a giveaway and a place for you to link up your reviews for the month. The monthly giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up (ex. From January 25th 2017, to February 25th 2017). For each link to a review, you will get an (1) entry into a drawing for that giveaway. This will be open internationally.
- Monthly giveaway prizes will be an e-gift card of your choice up to $5 (USD) from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
- If you miss a wrap-up post and giveaway, you can link your review the next month. Please do not try to link to one review twice. We will be verifying these.
- December will be the wrap up for the entire year. All reviews linked from January through December will be entered into a Grand Prize giveaway. Also due to Christmas, the December wrap up will post on December 23rd and will be open until January 23rd.
- You don’t have to follow Somewhere Only We Know or Words Fueled by Love to participate in the challenge, but you do have to follow both of us in order to be entered in the giveaways.
Levels: (how many series enders you are planning to read)
Level 1: 1 – 5
Level 2: 5 – 10
Level 3: 10 – 15
Level 4: 15+
To join the challenge:
- Write a blog post about joining the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge on your blog. For those of you who would like to participate but don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Twitter.
- In your post, please include: the button, a link back to the sign up page, a link to both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love, the level you hope to achieve, and (optional) a list of the series you hope to complete.
- Place the button for the challenge in your sidebar (use the “grab this code” at the bottom of the post here).
- Link up in the linky using the direct link to your post/tweet/etc.
And that’s it! Welcome to the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge. Good luck!
Like last year, we had to use Simply-Linked for the yearly sign up linky because InLinkz has made some changes to the basic package. The monthly link ups will be the typical InLinkz linky that we used for the past challenges.