Top 10 Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, but is currently hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl. This week's topic is Top Ten Characters I'd Want as a BFF.
While there are certainly great BFFs in books, I think asking which ones I'd want as my actual BFFs would be a bit more limiting so I'm just doing ten great BFF characters.
- Sabine from Bone Crier's Moon by Kathryn Perdue - Since I just finished this book (didn't pay attention to the release date when I picked it up as my next read, whoops), I've got to pull Sabine into this list. She would do just about anything for Aileese.
- The girls from Finding Mr. Better-Than-You by Shani Petroff - This entire group of girls was great. They're all supportive. They're not perfect, but even in their mistakes they were trying to look out for and protect each other.
- Marisol from The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey - Marisol is the absolute best. Seriously, you could not ask for a better BFF than her.
- Cookie from the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones - I don't typically think of adults as BFFs, but Cookie definitely falls into this category without a problem. Love her.
- Gus from Bright Side by Kim Holden - Man I really need to read Gus's story, but I haven't wanted to wade through his grief just yet.
- Rose from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - I mean Rose is the main character so I probably should have said Lissa. Lissa certainly does her part, but Rose is just...well Rose. Still my favorite YA series ever. And Rose might be one of my favorite characters of all time too.
- Maddie from Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - The ultimate sacrifice for her best friend.
- Sara from Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan - An all-time favorite best friend.
- Hermoine & Ron from Harry Potter by JK Rowling - Harry simply would not have made it without having these two by his side.
- Sam from The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien - Again, Frodo wouldn't have made it without Sam. Sam's dedication to his friend is true #goals.
Which characters are your favorite BFFs? Let me know!