Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday Post - 05/31/20

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

No new books this week. Monday was a whirlwind. I launched my 2020 Summer Sticker Collection for my Etsy store, Lael Mattox. I had a grocery pick up run because I'd forgotten a ton of things from my Saturday pick up. And I feel like something else kind of major happened, but I'm having trouble remembering everything. Wednesday, Husband came home from work early. The kids did a video chat with their cousin for almost an hour. It was chaos, but I'm so thankful we have the technology to be able to do this. Wednesday night my parents came to dinner. Thursday my mom came to hang out with us for the day. Oh and we've been doing 3 days a week of Bible craft time and the kids are loving it. It takes some prep work on my part to find us a craft or two to do and prepare it to go along with a story, but they're loving it. We got the pool uncovered last weekend, so this week has been about trying to get the chemicals and salt level at the right place so that we can go swimming ASAP. I'm in a phase where I'm trying to work on myself and my family...being intentional and all of that. And I think that's good, but it can be quite overwhelming and exhausting. I'm personally working on my quick temper and patience level. This has been a life-long struggle of mine. I feel like there is just so much going on in our personal life right now, but I'm sure everyone feels similar with this weird year we're all having.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge - May Wrap Up
Wednesday: Can't Wait for The Player Next Door by KA Tucker
Thursday: Review of His Lady in Hiding by Jen Geigle Johnson (3.5 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: May 2020 EOM Wrap Up
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday
Thursday: Review of At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, # 1) by Kate Witemeyer

Don’t forget to link up for the 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2020 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readMay 31, 2020 at 7:47 AM

    Yeah things are still pretty crazy these days and now with summer approaching I feel like tensions might be high since most people are used to taking a vacation at this time and now there's nowhere they can go while still practicing safe social distancing. Glad things seem to be going relatively okay and smoothly for you and your family! Hopefully the open pool will help entertain the kiddos! As a kid, I remember loving going to my aunt's house to swim in her pool!


    Happy Reading this week!




















































    Here's my StS


    Have a GREAT day!


    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the weirdest year for sure. I wish I could do more while I have this time at home but I am not as motivated as I would like. This week I am doing a bunch of stuff with the outdoors. Our neighborhood pool is open with restrictions but I'm not keen to go where other people are.

    Stay safe and well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete