Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Colleen Hoover

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Colleen Hoover.

I tried to come up with another topic. I really did, but this is just what I kept coming back to. So I'm rolling with it.

  1. I love that Colleen Hoover has incorporated the arts of some form into almost every one of her books. Poetry in Slammed, painting in Confess, music in Maybe Someday, and writing in November 9.
  2. Colleen Hoover hooks me quickly. Every single book has me hanging on every word so quickly. Very few authors can do that so consistently.
  3. Even the books that I haven't loved, I've still loved. I didn't love the friends with benefits relationship from Ugly Love, but I adored the formatting she chose for writing the book. I didn't love the cheating relationship from Maybe Someday or that Ridge seemed to choose Sydney only when things with Maggie were beyond repair, but I loved the creativeness of the music being so fully incorporated into the story.
  4. She's hilarious. Her books genuinely make me chuckle. The flirting is usually where it lies. I end up cheesing like an idiot while I'm reading her books.
  5. I love how it's all about the romance. I'm sure her books have been criticized for insta-loving vibes, but I like to think of it more as an insta-connection. Which I happen to think is actually realistic.
  6. Because of the BEST FIRST KISS EVER!
  7. I love Colleen Hoover's side characters. Almost every time I read one of her books, the side characters are so well developed that I can't help but want to know more about them. There's almost always someone that I wish she'd write another book about.
  8. This is going to seem contradictory to the previous point, but I love that she doesn't always follow those urges. Sometimes the best thing you can do is leave the audience (or readers) wanting more.
  9. I happen to think Colleen Hoover is extremely generous. She's offered so many giveaways (even one a day for a year a while back) and she even created a non-profit organization that sends the proceeds to charity. Plus she's always dropping books into those free book boxes or leaving signed copies of her books in the book store. She's written several pieces for free for her readers (Finding Cinderella, Too Late).
  10. And because...Will Cooper...of course.

What do you guys think? Do you love CoHo as much as I do? What are your reasons? Let me know!

Never Never Pt 1
Never Never Pt 2
Point of Retreat
This Girl
Hopeless
Losing Hope
Maybe Not

No comments:

Post a Comment