Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Top Ten New-to-Me Authors of 2016

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten New-to-Me Authors of 2016.

When I went to look at my read list for 2016, I was surprised to find that most of my reads were written by authors that I've read before. Almost every single new-to-me author I read this year made my top ten list for the simple fact that I read so few new authors.

  1. Cinda Williams Chima - Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, # 1)
  2. Marie Rutkoski - The Winner's Trilogy
  3. Michelle Griep - The Captive Heart
  4. Sarah J Maas - Throne of Glass series
  5. Tim Tebow - Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms
  6. Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows- My Lady Jane (with Cynthia Hand)
  7. Michelle Zink - A Walk in the Sun
  8. Natalie Blitt - The Distance from A to Z
  9. Shannon A Thompson - November Rain (Bad Bloods, # 1)
  10. Lucy Keating - Dreamology

8 comments:

  1. Oooh you read Sarah Maas for the first time! That's exciting! I hope you enjoyed the experience just as much as I always do upon reading her books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Throne of Glass was just okay for me, but every single book in the series has gotten better and better and better. I just finished Empire of Storms last week. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Aylee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover for Flamecaster looks gorgeous! I must look into that one. I've just picked up the first Throne of Glass book this year as well. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Throne of Glass series gets better with each book. I'm excited to see how it ends. Thanks for stopping by Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did any of these rise to a list of favorite authors? It looks like a fun mix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um Sarah J Maas is pretty awesome. Marie Rutkoski was really good. And Tim Tebow surprised me as well. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first three TOG books and the novellas bind up in ky Kindle library, but I got burned out on assassin stores last year and I don't know if I will ever read them now. I was thinking of joining one of those ebook lending groups and that there were probably a few people who would want to read them. I want to read Dreamology at some point. A lot of people loved that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though Calaena is an assassin, the series is so much more than that. I highly recommend it. I only thought Dreamology was okay. I thought it was a better concept than it was executed. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete