Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I Struggled to Get Into But Ended Up Loving.
- PS I Like You by Kasie West (review coming soon) - Took about 20% for me to be hooked.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, # 1) by Sarah J Maas (review coming soon) - Hooked after 30%.
- Red Rising (Red Rising, # 1) by Pierce Brown - Took me 30% to get into the story, but I was blown away by this book and this series before it was over.
- Forbidden (Forbidden, # 1) by Kimberley Griffiths Little - Took 20%.
- A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin - Okay, let's be honest, George R R Martin's books always start out slow. They never seem to pick up right where you left off as he usually introduces an entirely new character. And with over 1000 pages it's hard for this to feel like a "fast" read.
- Game (Jasper Dent, # 2) by Barry Lyga - Definitely my least favorite book in this series, but oh so necessary for the entire storyline.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - I hated these characters in the beginning of this book.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson 0 Definitely a complicated read with a super slow start. I think I remember it took me about 150 pages to get into this. But super brilliant in the end.
- These Broken Stars (Starbound, # 1) by Aimee Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - I don't remember if it was really the book's fault, but I did have to put this one down a lot in the beginning.
- Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, # 1) by Elizabeth Wein - I don't think it took me until 50% to be hooked, but I feel like I was at 50% before I really realized what was going on.
Which books took you a while to get into but you ended up loving? Let me know!