Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week's topic is Top Ten Backlist Books.
- Significance (Significance, # 1) by Shelly Crane - To be honest, I started this one and I'm not dying to get back to it. I've had it in my possession for years though.
- Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, # 1) by PT Michelle - This one I've had for years too and even though it has good ratings on Goodreads, I don't know anyone who has read it.
- Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, # 2) by Richelle Mead - I've got no excuse.
- Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, # 3) by Leigh Bardugo - I loved the first book, the second book was only okay for me, and I'm not sure I'm excited for the direction things were heading. I started this book and read like 10% but it was such a slow start that I haven't come back to it.
- Sempre: Redemption (Sempre, # 2) by JM Darhower - I devoured the first book. I have had this one for years. The only real thing stopping me for picking this one up is that so long has gone by since I read the first book that my interest has waned.
- End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, # 3) by Susan Ee - I started this one too. Actually made it about 30%. Put it down for various reasons and that 30% that I've read hasn't been enough to pull me back in. I'm feeling apathetic.
- The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, # 1) by Richelle Mead - I didn't like the direction this one was heading so I put it down. Even though I've had friends tell me that book 2 is so much better and even book 3, I'm just finding it hard to even think about coming back to this book.
- The Becoming of Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions, # 1) by Michelle Hodkin - I quite liked Michelle Hodkin's writing style, but the way the Mara Dyer series ended just left me feeling a bit blah. I loved Noah, but something was just missing from that last book that's left me dreading starting this series.
- Iron Gold (Red Rising, # 4) by Pierce Brown - Why haven't I read this yet? I'll tell you...these books are big investments. Not just length, but emotionally. I'll get to it, I promise. And when I do, I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for waiting so long.
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, # 6) by Sarah J Maas - I just need to break down and do it already. Part of the problem is that I have this on Holly's kindle that I've borrowed, but her Generation 1 kindle does not have a backlight which makes reading at night (the only real time I have to read) nearly impossible. Or at the very least, highly inconvenient.
Which books are on your backlist? Let me know!