Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sunday Post - 08/06/23

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Monday and Tuesday were a normal days. We went for a walk and went swimming. Monday morning, I did finish building a new chest of drawers for Baby Boy's room. Now I have all his current clothes and hand-me-downs from Little Boy in drawers and out of boxes in his closet. Wednesday, we did grocery pick up, and the kids told me they didn't want to swim. Little did they know that Husband bought a fountain for the deep end, and that changed their tune. Thursday, my parents came to spend the day with us. My mom went swimming with me and the kids, and we just had a fun day. Thursday afternoon was open house for Baby Boy. He'll be starting a Mother's Day Out program. It's the same one the older kids did at his age. I know it'll be a good thing for him. We went and met his teacher (same one both of my older kids have already had) and let him see all the fun toys and things he's going to get to play with. Friday, I took the kids on a playdate. We ate lunch at Burger King and then we to our local trampoline park with a boy that Little Boy went to PreK with. Everyone had fun and was sufficiently worn out when we were done. Also, I almost forgot, but I finished reading the first Harry Potter book with Little Girl and we watched the movie. She loved it. Little Boy at first thought he was too cool for the books, but when we watched the movie, he was excited to start the second book also. I'm scheduled through the end of the year with book reviews so I'm finally able to double up and post two a week for a while--assuming I can get them written. Tomorrow starts back to school, but I'm going to wait until next week to discuss this more.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Tastes Like Shakkur (If Shakespeare Was an Auntie, # 2) by Nisha Sharma (4 Stars)
Tuesday: July 2023 EOM Wrap Up
Friday: Review of A Bride by Morning by Katrina Kendrick (2.5 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Sacred Marriage by Gary L Thomas
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Thursday: Review of Chiara's Choice by Chalon Linton

Don’t forget to link up for the 2023 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2023 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment