Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Post - 40 & Stacking the Shelves - 13

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This felt like a short week to me. And for the most part it was pretty low key. Both of which are completely fine with me. Yesterday I spent some time outside vacuuming our pool. The weather was so nice and I was hoping to get some sun.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (4 Stars)

Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Read Before Blogging

Wednesday: Waiting on This Girl

Thursday: Review of Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks (3 Stars)

Friday: I participated in a new-to-me meme called High Five for Friday.

I also signed up for Blog Lovin' this week.

Follow on Bloglovin

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Unearthy by Cynthia Hand

Tuesday: Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Heroines

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday

Thursday: Review of Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, # 2) by Marissa Meyer

Friday: High Five for Friday

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

The Deepest Cut

By: JA Templeton

Published: October 1st 2011 by Julia Templeton (first published June 27th 2011)

304 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

( Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository )

Goodreads description--Sixteen-year-old Riley Williams has been able to see ghosts since the car crash that took her mother’s life and shattered her family. Guilt-ridden over the belief that she’s somehow responsible for her mom’s death, Riley is desperate to see her mother’s elusive spirit to gain her forgiveness.

When her father moves the family to Scotland so they can all start over, Riley believes her life couldn’t get worse––that is until the ghost of nineteen-year-old Ian MacKinnon catches her purposely cutting herself. An uneasy truce quickly turns into friendship, and soon Riley’s falling hard for Ian.

Riley believes her gift could help Ian end the curse that has kept him tied to the land for centuries, but that would mean letting him go forever and she’s not sure she is strong enough to do that. As if her life wasn’t complicated enough, the spirit of the woman who killed Ian returns and she’ll stop at nothing to keep Riley from helping Ian find eternal peace.

Crossroads

By: JJ Bonds

Published: Novemeber 2011

310 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--When Katia enrolled at Crossroads Academy she knew things weren’t exactly going to be easy. The sole heir to the worlds’ most powerful vampire, her presence was bound to cause a stir. But nothing could have prepared her for this. Whispers follow everywhere she goes. So does trouble.

Bodies start turning up in nearby Rutland and Katia is sucked into a twisted web of danger and deceit. Haunted by nightmares she can’t explain and a thirst for blood that is never sated, Katia will do whatever it takes to keep her past buried.

Nothing at Crossroads is what it seems and Katia’s secrets may be the darkest of them all.

Existence

By: Abbi Glines

Published: December 13th 2011 by WIld Child Publishing

161 pages

Source: Personal Kindle Library

( Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository )

Goodreads description--What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

25 comments:

  1. I think I'm gonna check out that new Friday Meme! :) and The Deepest Cut is good! Loved the series.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm looking forward to your review of Scarlet! And Existence looks intriguing. I enjoyed your review of One Thousand Gifts, too. Have a great week!

    Lark @ The Bookwyrm’s Hoard
    my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot about Marissa Meyer, I think I should check her work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really liking Bloglovin -- it makes it really easy to manage the blogs I follow and leave comments -- new follower of your blog there :)

    Thanks for stopping by!Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo in your masthead.

    It looks like you got some good books this week. Enjoy them! Thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul. I off to check out Crossroads. :D Have a wonderful weekend.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. this week went by fast for me too. Props on vacuuming the pool, the most I did involving pool cleaning this week was rescue a few toys that my boys wanted to see swim.... Anyhow, happy reading! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Unearthly and Scarlet. I hope you did as well. Looking forward to your thoughts on them!

    Thanks for dropping by My StS!

    Kris @Imaginary Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! Hope you enjoy all the biijs!

    Happy Reading!
    My Haul: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-to-shelves-22-one-where-i-just-dont.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul. Happy reading :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Existence a while back but thee books keep piling up and I can never get to it. Hopefully soon. I haven't heard of the other books but I hope you enjoy them all.

    Looks like you got a lot done this past week and are planning a bunch of stuff for this week. Unearthly is still on my list of tbr's so we'll see if I can get to it sometime this year. 8)

    Happy Reading from Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul! Crossroads sounds really interesting! Thanks for commenting on Vivalabooks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great update it looks like you have some good books there. Happy Reading!!!
    New follower via bloglovin! My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to stop back by & see how you like the new meme High Five for Friday.

    Heather ~ My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I really need to sign up for BlogLovin too, thanks for reminding me! Also need to search for a good alternative to google reader at some point (sigh). Glad you've been having nice weather - nice to be able to sit out in the sun and read :-)
    Hope you enjoy your books and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, just added The Deepest Cut to my TBR! Looks really good! And I have the Existence trilogy waiting for me to read them. Soon, I hope!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Now Following on BL!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got Existence at some point when it was free. Haven't read it yet. Thanks for stopping by my STS post.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got The Deepest Cut a while back but haven't read it yet. Hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lot of ppl are signing up for Bloglovin. I thought about it and did, but use Feedly more these days. But I belong in case I don't feel Feedly is working.

    Hope you have a great week.

    I have a Sunday Post up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunday-post-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh how did you feel about Scarlet? I enjoyed it but felt it was a middle of the road book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I grabbed the same three freebies as well, I'm really curious about Existence. I'm following on Bloglovin now. :)

    I hope you enjoy your new reads.
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by~ Never heard of any of these books, but The Deepest Cut sure sounds good. In fact, Imma go add it on Goodreads. LOL.

    New GFC follwer
    Cindy @ http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. High Five for Friday sounds like an interesting meme. I'll have to check it out! My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  24. These books sound really good, especially Existence. Thanks for the follow. I'm following back. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete