Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Heroines

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Rewind so I picked Top Ten Favorite Heorines.

1. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Rose kicks butt. She's passionate, loyal, and does nothing with less than 100%. I love her snarky attitude.

2. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - Elizabeth has her flaws, but she's willing to grow, and that's one of the main things I love about her.

3. Fire from Fire by Kristin Cashore - She's got so many things fighting against her that she has to hide herself with clothing and using other methods. Yet, despite pretty much hating what she is, she still strives to be good about all else.

4. Gabry from The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan - Truthfully, Gabry is scared crazy, but who can blame her? Zombies are a part of her every day life. But she pushes herself outside of her comfort zone and beyond the walls for a friend more than once.

5. Ismae from Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - Ismae has been marked as different from birth. Most people avoid her. But she finds strength and despite the bad things that have happened to her, she doesn't allow herself to become a victim. She turns her troubles into an opportunity to empower herself.

6. Scarlet from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Scarlet runs head first into the danger zone to save her grandmother. Yet, in my opinion, she didn't go in half-cocked like so many young adult "heroines."

7. Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Bless her. Cinder's another person that's just had it rough from day 1. Along with her troubles, she also hates herself for what she is (doubly), yet presses on for the cause of the Commonwealth, the world, Prince Kai...etc.

8. Sydney Sage from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - Sydney is very different from Rose, but she's extremely intellectual. I hate reading about daft leading ladies. Sydney can solve problems with the best of them. And she's ever growing and changing as time goes by.

9. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by JK Rowling - Again with the intellectual characters. How many time did Hermione save the day? Love her! She's everything that a heroine should be.

10. Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - Jane is seriously a role model. She respected herself to the deteriment of her personal happiness. I can do nothing but respect Jane and hold her in high esteem. Able to forgive as well which is a huge characteristic missing from so many these days.

You guys know how hard it is for my to stick to 10. Honorable mentions are Arya Stark and Daenarys Targaryen from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin, Anne Elliot from Persuasion by Jane Austen, and Puck from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.

What about you? Who are your favorite heroines? Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. I love number 2 and 9 on this list.
    I'm currently reading Jane Eyre, I'm enjoying her as a heroine so far but I couldn't fully include her if I did this topic because I haven't completed the book yet.

    My TTT: My Bookish Pet Peeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a few of my favorites :). I agree with 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9! I've heard some awesome things about number 1 too. Lovely list <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great heroines! I've read most of the books, and I loved the characters for being so strong. I wish there was a many more heroines like them. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cinder, and I'm so excited to see what Cress will be like! Fun topic! :) I chose Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/15/quotes/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with every one of your picks, especially Fire, she is such a strong character.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked some really awesome heroines! I haven't read a few of these but I agree with 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picks! I remember really loving Gabry. And Fire... Oh I do love Fire! Love your list - this was one of my favorite topics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely agree on the last two, Hermione has shaped me, I kinda grew up with her and she showed me that being smart is cool and awesome, and I feel like I learned a lot from her. That might sound a bit silly but I was bullied for being a "nerd" when I was a kid (really I just studied and got good grades because I had no friends to distract me).

    I only read Jane Eyre a few months ago for a class, and I was surprised at how self-sufficient she is, she doesn't take shit, she left because she felt like she'd been treated badly and she came back on her own accord when SHE wanted to. I was really impressed with her as a character!

    ReplyDelete