Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Post - 42 & Stacking the Shelves - 15

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

I'm traveling back from a short beach vacation with some girl friends. We came down Thursday (YAY 3 day work week) and will come home this afternoon. We've had a blast. Check out my High Five for Friday post below to see more about my trip!

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Struggles of Caregiving by Nell E Noonan (3 Stars)

Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Thought I Would Like More/Less

Wednesday: Waiting on Golden

Thursday: Review of Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire (4 Stars)

Friday: High Five for Friday

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

Tuesday: Top 10 Tuesday - I don't really like the topic so I might do my own thing. We'll see.

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday

Thursday: Review of Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, # 1) by Robin LaFevers

Friday: High Five for Friday

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend (Confessions, # 2)

By: Louise Rozett

Expected Publication: June 18th 2013 by Harlequin

288 pages

Genre: YA, Contemporary

Source: Publisher via NetGalley (Thank you!!)

( Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository )

Goodreads description--Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.

When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.

Belonging (Temptation, # 2)

By: Karen Ann Hopkins

Published: April 30th 2013 by Harlequin TEEN

408 pages

Genre: YA, Contemporary

Source: Publisher via NetGalley (Thank you!!)

( Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository )

Goodreads description--I left everything I knew behind.

But it was worth it. He was worth it.

No one thought an ordinary girl like me would last two minutes living with the Amish, not even me. There are a lot more rules and a lot less freedom, and I miss my family and the life I once had. Worst of all, Noah and I aren't even allowed to see each other. Not until I've proven myself.

If I can find a way to make it work, we'll be NOAH & ROSE

together forever.

But not everybody believes this is where I belong.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about starting Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend too. I adored the first novel, so can't wait to see how things will go for Rose and Jamie. Also how pretty is the cover to Belonging? I think I will need to get onto the first book asap! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Temptation series is interesting - I love that it's set in an Amish community! Great books, I hope you enjoy them both :)

    ReplyDelete