Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting on The 5th Wave

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The 5th Wave

By: Rick Yancey

Expected Publication: May 7th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile

480 pages

Genre: YA, Science Fiction, Dystopian

( Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository )

Goodreads description--The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.

Sounds good to me. Dystopian. Possibly a relationship? The debate on whether to let someone else in and risk death or remain alone and alive but with what quality of life? What are you waiting on this week? Let me know!

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this book! I absolutely love dystopians and this one really intrigues me. Only a few more weeks left :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard some amazing things about this one! It sounds great! I didn't really have any interest in it but the more hype I see the more I want to read it! Great pick <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the start of a great new series!

    Here's my WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-suspenseful-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one making the rounds and I am on a desperate hunt to win a copy, it looks soooo good. Excellent choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine read an ARC of this and LOVED it. She was raving to us immediately after finishing. Definitely can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This is definitely getting some stellar reviews. I actually have it on my Kindle just begging to be read, but haven't been able to get to it yet. I'm promising myself time this weekend to get to it.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, and YES! I am dying for this book! I've heard so many awesome reviews and I just can't wait either!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this one. Nice pick! :)

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had this on my TBR list forever! I love the sound of it. I can't wait for it to release! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Here’s My WoW!

    Michelle :) (new follower)
    Author, PODs available June 4th
    Milayna available March 11, 2014
    The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014
    Visit me and learn how to win a signed copy of PODs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an arc of this one waiting to be read. I need to get to it! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait to read this one - I snagged an ARC earlier this year and will be starting it very soon! :D Awesome pick ;)

    ReplyDelete