Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top 10 Books I Read Before Blogging

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I Read Before I Started Blogging.

1. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - Twilight really sparked my love of reading again. I can't make this list without putting this series on the list.

2. City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

3. Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, and Blood Promise by Richelle Mead - I've reviewed Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, but these were both done very early in my blogging path and therefore aren't very good reviews. This series is one of my top favorites to-date.

4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead Tossed Waves, and The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

6. Persuasion by Jane Austen - I've actually reviewed this one here, but it's not one of my better reviews either.

7. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

8. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

9. Blue Bloods, Masquerade, Revelations, and The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz - I was really excited about this series when I first started reading it. It was shortly after reading Twilight, and therefore, shortly after resparking my reading love. But book 4 and the ones I've read after that have gone a bit downhill for me.

10. Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, and Untamed by PC & Kristin Cast - The first four books were really awesome in this series. Each book after book four has progressively gone downhill.

15 comments:

  1. I agree completely with your Twilight comment. I wouldn't be a book blogger if it weren't for that series. I loved the MI series as well, but I read it after I started blogging.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I really want to start reading some more Austen. I've only read one book from her and I want to read all of them
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to read VA series cause I heard that it's going to be made into a movie. Hmm... I haven't read most of them... Wait, actually I haven't read all of them except TMI series >.<
    Here's my TTT
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized how horrible I am at finishing series! Cool list though, I cant wait to star Vampire Academy.

    See what books made my "Top Ten" list at Read. Sleep. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not really a paranormal fan fallen has ruinned every one of those book for me. But after reading VA series i am slowing coming back t the dark side
    great tt
    new follower via gfc (follow back please)
    check out mine :http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to really love the House of Night series, but I started to get really annoyed with Zoey. I loved Twilight as well, still do, but there were so many other books I read around the same time that I enjoyed a lot more. I need to read like, every other book on your list (except TMI), they all sound awesome!
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picks! Darn, I forgot to add a Cassandra Clare to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! I love P&P & Persuasion, although Persuasion I read after I started blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveeeee your list :) Twilight, City of Bones, VA... all favorites !!! I haven't read the Blue Bloods series yet but I feel like I'm missing out so much !!!
    Thanks for stopping by my list!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of these books, I began reading BECAUSE I started blogging. funny how that works. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list:) VA is my favorite vampire series:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I've been meaning to read The Mortal Instruments and, of course, the classics but I haven't yet gotten around to it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely list! We only share two! I read the House of Night series too. I didn't end up finishing though because there was so many books.

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the list, I have read the first fives. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting mix! I realize I haven't yet read any of your YA picks except the first Twilight book, though several have been on my radar (and TBR list) for a while now. I guess I'd better get to some of them sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete