Saturday, December 10, 2011

Books I've Read 2010

I’m taking down the Books I’ve Read in 2010 list to the left of my posts to make room for the upcoming list of Books I’ve Read in 2012. But so the reader might be able to locate this list, I decided to put in a post before I take them down. These are not all of the books I read in 2010, they’re just the ones I can remember since I wasn’t keeping this blog back then. Anyway, here it is and their rankings:

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series) – Richelle Mead (*****)

Redeeming Love – Francine Rivers (****)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series) – Cassandra Clare (****)

The Power of a Praying Wife – Stormie Omartian (****)

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner – Stephenie Meyer (***)

Beautiful Creatures – Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (***)

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series) – Richelle Mead (*****)

It’s All About Him – Denise Jackson (****)

The Dead Tossed Waves – Carrie Ryan (*****)

Burned (House of Night Series) – PC Cast & Kristin Cast (***)

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely Series) – Melissa Marr (***)

Shadowland (Immortals Series) – Alyson Noel (**)

Blue Moon (Immortals Series) – Alyson Noel (***)

I’ve already reviewed Last Sacrifice, Spirit Bound, and The Dead Tossed Waves in 2011 since they were my only 5 Star picks. I’ll now give a brief (one sentence or two) review on the others from 2010 since I’ve had some distance and clarity on these.

Redeeming Love – Excellent book with Christian background and influences. Changes the way you think about how God speaks to you and is working in your life—or at least offers a different way of looking at it. Beautiful story based on the book of Hosea.

Clockwork Angel – Took some time getting started, but when the storyline started picking up, it got harder and harder to put down. Was somewhat afraid that this series might follow the same overall arch as The Mortal Instruments. Looking forward to reading Clockwork Prince that released this month. Hoping to get it for Christmas.

Power of a Praying Wife – Excellent for married women wanting to improve their marriage. Though not quite as good as the Power of a Praying Woman.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner – Interesting to see the background of Bree and some of the things going on behind the scenes that affected the story of Eclipse. Especially after the battle scene when the Volturi show up. It ended right when it got good, but so it seems was the short second life of Bree Tanner.

Beautiful Creatures – Read in one day but only because I had opportunity to read not because I couldn’t put it down. Was better initially thinking than after I had some time to dwell on it.

It’s All About Him – Was recommended to me by my father, and I was right determined not to like it at all. Turned out to be way above my expectations and challenged my thinking on some things as well as challenged me to improve my own prayer life and release control (that I never really had in the first place) to the ONE who actually controls it all.

Burned – Can’t remember much about this book specifically, but the House of Night series has been steadily declining in my opinion since perhaps the range of books 4-6. I will finish the series, but it’s not a priority anymore. Only vaguely wish to get the newest book (Destined) for Christmas.

Ink Exchange – At this point, I started questioning the Wicked Lovely series. Not my favorite. Didn’t like that the focus of this book was on Leslie and not the characters from book 1. Though this was probably slightly better than the next book in the series, Fragile Eternity, which took me an eternity to read.

Shadowland – Another book that took me an eternity to read. I had to force, I mean physically force, myself to read this book. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Blue Moon – Consider how much I didn’t like Shadowland, this book was surprising good. But still only okay.

So that’s that for my 2010 reads. Moving on to 2012. Can’t wait to see what adventures I’ll experience in the upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment