Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday Post - 11/1/20

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

I allowed myself to have a lazy week this week after coming off a super busy week last week. Monday through Wednesday were pretty normal and lazy for us. Thursday, Grammy came to watch the kids while I went to the doctor's office for my glucose test and ultrasound. Baby Boy is measuring at 2 pounds 12 ounces right now. He is a little ahead of schedule, but not a full week. All looked good. Friday was Little Boy's birthday. I can't believe he's 3 years old. Friday was also dress up and party day at the kids' school. They got to wear their Halloween costumes and each class had a party. We did birthday presents after Daddy got home from work. I don't think I'll ever forget how disappointed Little Girl was. She thought brother was getting a ton of toys she would be interested in playing with. So even though he was excited about all of his gifts, watching her face fall with each present is something I'll never forget. Saturday we cleaned up falling tree limbs from the Hurricane that came through Wednesday night (Zeta). We didn't have much damage except a few shingles off the roof and a piece of one of our trees fell onto the fence between us and our neighbor. She's elderly so Husband went over Saturday to help cut up what fell in her yard too. Saturday night we went trick or treating. Our neighborhood always does really well for Halloween and this year was no different. Plenty of people left bowls on their porches to maintain social distancing but still allow the kids to participate. It was a great night.

THE PAST WEEK:

Sunday: 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge - October Wrap Up
Monday: All Things Halloween Review of Igniting Darkness (Courting Darkness, # 2) by Robin LaFevers (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for A Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, # 4) by Sarah J Maas
Thursday: All Things Halloween Review of Midnight Sun (Twilight, # 5) by Stephenie Meyer (5 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Bad and the Tomboy by Nicole Nwosu
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

My annual "All Things Halloween" event ended yesterday. This is my month-long event where I feature reviews from Halloween-y genres (fantasy, paranormal, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, mystery, thriller, and suspense). Over the last few years I've had mostly fantasy books as I just haven't been in the mood for much horror, but still...these are books that can get you in the mood for Halloween.

Don’t forget to link up for the 2020 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2020 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment