Tuesday, August 31, 2021

My Most Recent Fictional Crushes

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week's topic is Top Ten Fictional Crushes.

I originally started doing this as a top ten list, but I quickly realized it was going to be difficult for me to come up with ten characters without going years and years back into my reading history. So I cut the list down into my most recent. I wonder what it says about me that most of my fictional crushes come from the fantasy genre? Probably that these are larger than life guys and thus blow the average contemporary hero out of the water.

  1. Casteel from the Blood and Ash series by Jennifer L Armentrout - I mean I don't want to be lied to and kidnapped or anything, but once these two get past that, Casteel is pretty devoted. That kind of devotion is something you don't find often.
  2. Rhys from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas - I had to use book 2 from the series because this book is where it's at. Rhys is willing to give up his own happiness for Feyre's. Again, this isn't something you see often. And the reveal of book 2 is my favorite big reveal of all time.
  3. Rowan from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas - I have never had a series or author make me change which male character I'm rooting for like the Throne of Glass series. Rowan is so far beyond what Aelin needs for herself. And one could do much worse than Rowan.
  4. Reyes from the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones - I honestly don't even know what to say about Reyes. Read the series you'll agree.
  5. Nicolas You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle - I will always root for a guy willing to put in the work to keep a relationship going. I have got to respect him big time.

Which books feature your newest fictional crushes? And why? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment