Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Post - 02/20/22

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Monday and Tuesday were rough. There was a wreck on the interstate on my way to get Little Boy from school, and I needed to detour. When it was time to leave to get Little Girl from school I got a message from tball coach that practice was starting this week. I kind of freaked out about that. I contacted a few more contractors about getting an estimate for what's left of our home renovation after we fired our original contractors. I also realized that I scheduled my grocery pick up order for the wrong time and had to scramble to go get that. I was so in my head that I passed the gas station and had to turn around and go back. I also forgot that I was supposed to go by the house and pick up Little Girl's asthma breathing treatment medication that had been delivered earlier that day. I scheduled some contractors to come look at the house on Tuesday. I wasn't thinking about the fact that Husband would have my car with the car seats because he does school drop off, and then because he met with a contractor at the house he was late getting back and I needed to leave to take Little Boy to get his hair cut. Thankfully, his stylist didn't have an appointment scheduled immediately after him so we were able to just be late. We went and got the oil changed in my car after that. Husband met with two other contractors at the house Tuesday afternoon. Out of all three of those, only one contractor is licenced and willing to give us a quote. One wasn't licensed, and one was too busy to take on a project the size of ours. My parents also went to my grandmother's house to work on some things that need to be done there in order to sell it Tuesday morning and returned Thursday. Wednesday night we took the kids to get ball equipment and went out to eat. Thursday, I took the kids to Grammy's after school to hang out until time for Little Boy's tball practice. That went well. We were late getting back and had to scramble with dinner and baths before bed. Saturday, Husband, my dad, and I went to the house to work. I worked on painting the master bedroom while the guys worked on the kitchen cabinets. My mom brought the kids over to me and went back with Baby Boy while I took Little Girl to softball practice. And things are just getting started. But with the progress made this weekend, we might be able to move back home in a couple of weeks. Also, happy 50th birthday to my sister-in-law.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Summerhaven by Tiffany Odekirk (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for A Healer's Promise (Brides of Laurent, # 2) by Misty M Beller

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Dating Dr. Dil by Nisha Sharma
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2022 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2022 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment